Pinky Swears

You know what Sharna Burgess was really good at?

Working herself so hard that it became dangerous.

But that was dedication and let me tell you, it was very highly respected.

Sharna stepped into the studio that morning. She was especially determined today for whatever reason. She swore you could hear her heartbeat through her chest.

"Hinch, good morning."

"Morning, Burgess."

"We have a lot of work to get done."

"Let's go!"

Sharna began to teach James that week's choreography.

It was a great rehearsal. James picked up the choreography real quick.

"Shar, you coming?"

"I'm staying a bit longer, I just have to figure this one thing out."

"Alright." The two hugged and went their ways.

~~~~~

The next morning was weird. Sharna wasn't responding to any texts or calls, and James hadn't heard anything from her.

He still went to the studios. Of course.

"Sharna?! Sharna?! Shar..." He froze when he saw the Australian laying on the Marley flooring.

He picked up her wrist and made sure she had a pulse. Good. She had a pulse.

James shook her shoulder until her eyes started to slowly open.

"What happened? James?"

"Sharna, did you fall asleep here?"

"I guess I did."

"Why didn't you stop working and go home?"

"I just...I don't really know. I just kept working, working, working, and now it is 6 in the morning."

"Sharna May!"

"I know, I just..."

"You what?"

"I just couldn't stop working. I want the best for you."

"Sharna, you're amazing at your job, don't forget that, but please don't feel the need to work yourself all night, and work all day, then do it again just for me."

"But I've been on this show for eight years and I've never won. People keep saying 'you could win it with this one.' That's a lot of pressure."

"Sharna. You'll win when it is your time to."

She shrugged.

"Promise you won't work yourself this hard."

"I promise."

"No." He held up his pinky. "Pinky promise."

The pair locked pinkies and she never broke that promise.