I'm Sorry, I Really, Really Am

// Another "James and Sharna are couple" kind of a prompt because I never realized how much I love those! //

"My father's going to kill me for this." Sharna mumbled to herself, staring back at the piece of plastic that held her future.

Hot tears ran down her face as she tried to take deep breaths.

"I think I'm going to be sick." She mumbled to herself once more, slowly lowering herself to the tile before her legs became so weak that she just fell to the floor.

"SHARNA?!" James exclaimed, throwing the bags of groceries he had been holding onto the floor.

James dashed around the corner to find his beautiful girlfriend, with her knees folded to her chest, in tears.

James quickly knelt down beside her.

"What happened, Baby?" He coaxed.

Too soon, James, too soon.

Sharna curled up into his arms and kept whimpering.

James kissed the top of her head, trying to figure out why she was crying.

His eyes scanned the room and stopped when he saw an open box of pregnancy tests on the countertop.

He reached his free arm up and grabbed the box.

Sharna heard him grab the box because she could hear the plastic rattling around.

"I'm so sorry! I really, really am!" Sharna cried into the sleeve of the racer's jacket.

"Princess, are you? Are...are we?" James asked quiety.

He felt Sharna nod against his shoulder.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked.

"I'm so sorry!" Sharna kept crying.

"Shar, why are you sorry?" James asked.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that there's a baby inside of me, and, and I'm sorry that our parents will absolutely ruin us, and, and I'll take the blame for that, and I'm just so sorry!"

James lifted her head off of his shoulder. "Look at me, Babe."

Sharna shook her head.

"Burgess, look at me." James lifted her chin. "This is nothing to apologize for. I couldn't be happier! We've talked about this, and we've always wanted this. You know what my mom says: "There's no better time than the present"." His smile was as genuine as they come.

Sharna sniffled a few times before making eye contact with her boyfriend.

"If you want to leave, leave now, just please, I understand."

"Sharna May! I will never leave you." James exclaimed.

"I RUINED YOUR FUTURE!"

"No you didn't. If anything you improved it two fold." He kissed her lips.

James stood both of them up and placed his hands on her waist, his thumbs meeting in the middle of her stomach.

"Hi, Baby," James said in the most adorable high-pitched voice. "Mommy and daddy love you, alright? Anything you heard today wasn't real, Mommy was just scared. We love you lots and lots." He knelt once more and kissed her stomach.

Sharna chuckled at James's little voice, a few tears still falling. "James, the baby doesn't have ears yet."

"Why do you always have to find the technicalities in all the fun, eh?" He laughed lightly as well.

"That's just me." She smiled.

"Well, I love you." James pulled her into a passionate kiss, the kind of kiss where they both had to catch their breath for a New York minute after. "And I love you too." James ran his thumbs up and down her stomach, making Sharna laugh.