Karaoke (Roman)

You didn't like being in crowds. You didn't like speaking in public, much less singing. If there was a required oral speech in school, you would just take the zero on the assignment.

But when Roman wanted to go to a karaoke bar, you couldn't say no to his puppy dog eyes.

"R-Roman, I regret this. Can we go home?" You whispered as he dragged you to the little stage for singing.

"Darling, it will be fine. Besides, I've never heard you sing! It'll be fun to hear it for once!"

You sighed, and let him pick Summer Lovin from Grease (flashbacks to Flash with drunk Caitlyn) and you both picked up your microphones.

"Just look at me and it'll seem like nobody else is here, alright?" He comforted before the song started.

You nodded and he started singing. "Summer lovin, had me a blast!"

You stuttered out the next line nervously. "S-su-summer lovin, happened so fast!"

He held your hand to calm your nerves. "Met a girl, crazy for me!"

You smiled and made eye contact with him, singing out clearly. "Met a boy, cute as can be!"

You both sang the rest of the song together, your nerves melting away. When you finished, the crowd clapped politely and you hopped off the stage.

"How do you feel about karaoke now?" Roman asked, wrapping an arm around your shoulder as you went to get drinks.

"With you? I'd be brave enough to sing Mariah Carrey notes," you said lovingly, kissing his cheek. "Thank you for dragging me out of my bubble, darling."

"Anything to help my princess," he grinned.