Pretty Funny (Deceit)

Part 2 (a prequel) to the First Date/Last Night one. From Dogfight. Very sad song. Very angsty chapter. Very short.

~~~

You huffed angrily as you threw your purse onto your bed aggressively, kicking off your shoes and plopping down onto your bed. Tears were streaming down your face, and you didn't know why you were so surprised.

Of course, he doesn't actually like you. Why would he? You're ugly. You're common. You're nothing special.

You shook your head and stood up, going over to your full body mirror to take a look at yourself. You were still wearing your stupid maroon dress and your makeup. You scowled at yourself in the mirror, getting some makeup wipes and beginning the process.

You closed the window and drew your curtain to hide the light, and picked up all the dresses you had strewn across the floor in your panic to get ready for the date earlier.

You made your way back to the mirror and picked up the wipes, wiping away all the lipstick you had put on. You took off your earrings and sighed, looking at yourself.

Still the same old face. You laughed bitterly. How could you believe that any of it was real?

You tried to look for any sort of positive in the situation. You went dancing. You were dancing. With a guy.

With someone like him. You let a tiny sob out, immediately turning angry at yourself for trying to think like that.

You are pathetically naive and desperate to believe you can always find some good. People are just cruel... Guys are cruel. He's cruel.

You turned your bedroom light off and angrily wiped away your tears, ensuring yourself that you wouldn't even care in the morning. You scoffed at the thought as you put on your pajamas and laid down, covering yourself in blankets and closing your eyes.

For a moment he convinced me I could be pretty... Funny...