Care (Logan)

Requested by: mostar1219

Logan's POV

I can't stop my stupid head from giving me awful dreams. Nightmare after nightmare. What is wrong with me?

What's more disturbing is that they all correlate in one way; they're all about her.

She keeps getting hurt, or kidnapped, or murdered, or worse. Right in front of my eyes. And I can't do anything about it.

Now it's gotten to the point where I get nervous around her in real life. I watch her constantly. She's always so clumsy, and I always want to jump up to help her when she trips. But, I refrain myself unless the situation looks dire.

Why does she have to be so careless? She's a very artistic and crafty person, so she tends to always have needles or scissors or something unnecessarily dangerous around. It drives me insane!

"Logan, buddy, I think we need to talk," Patton rested a hand on my shoulder as I bit my nails while watching Y/N sew some new patches onto Virgil's hoodie from the doorway.

"What is it?" I mumbled, not taking my eyes off of her fingers, which were always dangerously close to the needle in hand.

"You've been weirdly obsessed with Y/N's safety lately. It's starting to concern me. What's up?" He asked, leaning forward to keep some privacy between us.

I sighed, and turned to him. "It's just...I've been having these dreams. These nightmares, if you will. And they're always of her getting hurt. Or killed. Or...worse. And I can never stop it, or save her. It's driving me insane, Patton..."

"Listen, buddy, maybe just try to relax. You know they're just dreams. I get it. You're worried about your friend. She is a bit clumsy. But I'm sure you have nothing to worry about," Patton reassured me.

I sighed and nodded before going back to watching her sew. Patton sighed in exasperation and left.

The cycle of worry continued for a few days until I finally allowed myself to calm down a bit. I didn't watch her constantly, or always jump out of my seat when it looked like she was gonna trip on something.

That is, until one afternoon when she was cooking lunch for everyone.

She came into the living room, where Thomas was watching cartoons and I was reading, to announce that food was ready.

"Hey, guys!" She announced, making my head snap up to see that she was carrying a knife as she walked. "Lunch is ready!"

I saw the rug curled up in a way that could make her trip right as her foot stepped towards it, and rushed up immediately as she tripped with the knife pointed towards herself.

I caught her and grabbed the knife before she could impale herself, and she stared up at me in amazement, her cheeks turning red. "Th-thanks, Logan..."

I let her go as she straightened herself, realizing just how much I cared about her. Everything seemed to...click. I loved Y/N.

Thomas had already gone into the kitchen, so I could easily say what I wanted without an audience. "Y/N...I think I'm in love with you."

Her face lit up as she looked into my eyes for confirmation that I was being truthful. "I think I'm in love with you, too, Logan."

"Well, um...would you, perhaps, like to be my..." I flipped through my vocabulary cards until I found the right one. "Bae?"

"Well, I'll certainly be your girlfriend. But please, don't call me bae. I hate it," she giggled, taking the car from me and tossing it behind her.

I grinned. "Sounds perfect to me."