Chapter 8

My computer is messing up atm, so I'm writing this from my phone. Be prepared for mistakes

TW: bullying flashbacks, transphobic slurs

Dan's POV

Phil leant in for a hug and I panicked. I didn't have my binder on and I was afraid that he might touch...something he wasn't supposed to. I stepped back and I saw the hurt in his eyes, and I felt really bad. I just decided to drop it, because it would be way to awkward to explain to him.

The time was 7 and I hadn't eaten since noon, so I went into the kitchen and heated up some leftover pizza to eat. I brought it up to my room and decided to watch a movie. I set up the movie on my laptop and sat down to watch it. I got halfway through the movie before I started thinking. And with me, that's a bad thing. Because I can either start thinking of the meaning of life and other deep stuff, or I will start daydreaming and end up falling asleep. Luckily, it was the second one.

~dream~

I was in a classroom. It looked oddly familiar, and I realized that it was my old school. I looked around and saw students watching a film while the teacher was out of the room. I panicked and got scared because I remember this day so vividly. A wad of paper flew onto my desk from behind me. I turned around to see the group of girls that I used to be friends with all looking at the film, but they had huge smirks on their faces 'Come to the back of the school after school today or we'll tell everyone you're secret' is what the paper said. I had no control over what I was doing,   my limbs were moving on their own.
(tw)
Afterschool, my legs carried themselves to the back of the school. I stood there, knowing what was about to happen, but I couldn't do anything about it. I started crying a bit, but couldn't feel anything on my face. They came around the corner, rings shining in the sun. They came and backed me into a corner and began to deliver the worst pain I've felt in my life. Punches flew towards me from all directions. Their rings cut up my face. I couldn't do anything but sit there and feel it. I started crying again and this time I could feel the tears on my face. She pushed the others away and stood before my crumpled body. "Like our gift, Danielle? Ugh I don't know why we even wasted our time on you. You're just some pathetic, worthless tranny that doesn't deserve to be on this Earth. Say good bye, Danielle" Before Devon Peters could deliver the punch that knocked me out for hours, a bright light appeared from the side of everyone. It engulfed me and suddenly I was alone. Devon and the others had left and it was just me on the ground. I felt myself being lifted up. A person with jet black hair and piercing blue eyes appeared in front of me. "P-Phil?" I mumbled. He nodded and brought me into a hug. All the pain from Devon and the others went away and I felt loved. Phil pulled away and started leaning in. Our lips were millimeters apart. I leant forward to close the gap and-

THUD

I was on my floor in complete darkness. I looked over at my clock and read 3:00 AM
I just sighed and went back to my bed and drifted into nothingness.

~at school~

I walked into the gates and saw Phil standing by the doors.  I started walking up to him when I saw he was talking to her.  All color drained from my face and I stopped dead in my tracks. I put my hood up and put my face down hoping they didn't see me. I walked past them.as fast as possible, but someone bumped me, causing me to bump into Phil.

"Hey dude watch where your- Oh, hey Dan!" I looked at Phil and waved. Then, me and her made eye contact. We stared at each other for about 5 seconds before I ran off. I pushed everyone out the way and made it to the bathroom.

"Dan, Don't worry.  She can't hurt you here. Phil will protect you. You're stronger than her." I kept saying that to myself until I calmed down. By that time, the bell rang, so.I rushed to my first class. Since me and Phil  already finished the project, we just talked the whole class period.  After class was over, me and Phil were walking out together but Devon came up to us.

"Hey, Phil! I didn't know you were friends with  Dan!" she said, smirking. I remembered the I incident from my.dream and started panicking a bit. But then i remembered what i told myself in the bathroom and calmed myself down.

"Yeah, I am. Since when do you two know each other?" He asked. "We used to go to school together" she said and I nodded in agreement.

"Well I've got to go to.my next class. See you at lunch Phil?" she asked. He looked over at me and said "Yeah. Can Dan join?" He said to her. I didn't want to have to spend anymore time with her  then nessesary, but I didn't say anything. She nodded and skipped away from us.