Chapter 26

thank you all for the sudden spam of votes and comments! -Jaylin

On the way to Becky's house, my phone started ringing. I took it out to see that it was my mom. I answered it and she yelled, "PHILIP LESTER! WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU!" I looked over at Dan and saw he was looking at me apologetically. "Mum, please not so loud. And don't worry. I crashed at Dan's after the party. Something happened and we need to figure out exactly how." I said into the phone.
"Well make it quick, our tickets are going to expire at 11!" she told me. "Alright, we'll hurry. Bye mum."
"Bye, Philly! And I'm guessing Dan too!" she said and hung up. I looked around and saw that we were already on Becky's street. We got to her house and Dan squeezed my hand.

"Ready?" he asked. "Ready." I replied with a slight smile. But I was really freaking out. What did Dan know about last night that I didn't? I don't really remember a lot, large chunks of events were blurry in my mind.

Dan knocked on the door and Becky answered almost immediately. "Hey, guys! Come in and go sit while I call Devon down." she greeted us. We waved and went where she told us. She walked to the bottom of the stairs and yelled, "DEVON!! COME HERE FOR A SECOND!" She walked over to where we were and waited. Devon came trudging down the stairs while saying. "Ugh, what do you want, los-" She stopped when she saw us- well, rather when she saw Phil.

"Oh, hey guys! I didn't know you two were here. What is it you called me down here for?" she said in a sweet voice. I saw Dan clench his fists, so I grabbed his arm. "Devon, we have a few questions about yesterday at Louise's party." Dan said. "Well, what is there to talk about? I had a fun time, didn't you two?" she replied innocently. Even I rolled my eyes at it.

"Go on Phil, tell her what you told me." Dan said forcefully. I flinched a bit at the tone of his voice. The bottom of his face was getting red and I saw his hands trembling. "I w-woke up i-in a bed with y-you, Devon." I stuttered out. She smirked and started waltzing closer to me.

"Oh, I know Phil. Did you like it? Because I know that I sure did." she said, winking at the end. I shuddered and pushed myself closer to Dan. "Devon, we all know that Phil wouldn't willingly do...the thing with you. He's told me himself that he hates it and thinks it's creepy when you get all touchy with him. So what in the world would make him actually wanna have... 'you know what' with you?" Dan said, standing up.

Devon stepped back a bit, then regained herself and went back to where she was. "I don't know, maybe he just got tired of you and wanted me." she said with a smirk. I spoke up and said "Excuse you! I love Dan so very much and wouldn't purposefully do that to him. And besides, I don't even remember going inside a room with you yesterday. I only remember waking up in one with you."

Dan grabbed my hand and looked down to smile at me, as I was still sitting and he was standing. He let go and looked at Devon. "Devon, I remember you standing next to me while I made the first drink that Phil made that night." she shifted herself and looked around. "So what? I was making myself a drink! And plus, anyone was allowed to come to that table at anytime." she said, not looking at Dan.

"But I don't even remember seeing you make yourself a drink! So why'd you come the table, Devon? There was plenty other space around the table, yet you decided to stand right next to me. What's up with that, Devon?" Dan said, looking smug. I have to admit, Dan is pretty good at this. With everything he's saying, Devon is looking more and more guilty. 

"So what? I was, er, looking at a drink that just so happened to be next to where you were." she said, trying to look confident but failing. I could see the fear in her eyes. I was still very very confused as to what they were talking about, but I tried putting the pieces together as they spoke.

"Wrong! All the drinks were on the other side of the table. And did you really have to open up your purse and drop something in a nearby cup to look at a bottle of alcohol?" Dan said, slowly approaching closer to her. Her eyes widened and she started backing away as Dan walked closer. 

As he said that, it clicked inside my head.

Devon spiked a drink she made me first time I went to a party with her.

She was getting all close and touchy with me after she thought I had drank it.

She tried again yesterday, and she succeeded. 

Then I realized something else: Dan lied to me. He told me that Devon wasn't just trying to get in my pants and that she actually wanted to be friends with me. 

But we see how that all turned out.

By now, I had tears streaming down my face. Becky, who was silent this whole time, noticed and came over to me. "Phil! What's wrong?" she asked. I pushed her to the side and shot up off of the couch. Everyone looked at me in shock. 

"Devon drugged me just to have sex with her, that's what's wrong!" I yelled. Devon put her head down and started walking towards me. "P-phil, I'm sorr-" she said quietly but I cut her off. "You're not sorry!  You're not sorry at all! You got what you wanted. You earned your prize. Congratulations." I said coldly. I whipped my body around to face Dan, who jumped at the sudden movement. 

"And YOU!" I screamed, pointing at Dan. "You lied to me! You told me that Devon actually wanted to be my friend! And now you see what happened!" I yelled. Dan stepped closer to me and held his arms out. 
"Phil, I'm so sorr-" he started but I cut him off too. "Oh no you're not! Quit lying! You're just sorry that you got caught." I said harshly and glared at him. He stepped away and looked down. By this point, Beck's parents had come downstairs to see what all the yelling was, but I didn't care. I was way too caught up to care

I scoffed and said, "I'm done getting lied to." I pushed past everyone and went towards the door. I left and slammed it behind me. I started walking back towards my house, and I heard Becky's door open again. "Phil, wait!" Dan yelled. I heard footsteps coming up behind me, so I started running. I ran and ran all the way to my house.

When I got there, I slammed the door and slid my back down it, still crying. I saw blurry shapes coming down the steps and led towards the door, but I didn't care at all. I just sat there, crying and mad about everything that had happened.

oOHH D R A M A