Chapter 21

tw; dysphoria

Im sorry, I don't really show concepts of time in this story. By now it's late November and their school is on break

"Phil!" I heard from downstairs. I went down to see my mom and Tatiana standing at the door with bags. "Phil honey, sorry for being to last minute. Tatiana has an emergency at her house and I'm gonna help her fix it. We'll be back in a few days, 5 at most. I've left food in the fridge and there's an extra 20 pounds in the desk by the front door if you need it." I nodded and walked towards the. They both smiled at me and I took their bags to the car.  When I closed the trunk and while walking back, I saw a very familiar brown  haired boy walking down the street. I ran up behind him and covered his eyes. 

"Guess who?" I said in a sing-song voice. "Phil?" He asked. I turned him around and kissed his cheek. "Correct!" I said. I suddenly got an idea. "Stay here!" I told Dan and ran back to the car. They were just about pull off before I stopped them. 

"MOM! Can Dan stay over until you come back? I swear we won't break anything!" I asked frantically. She shrugged and said, "As long as his mom or dad is okay with it, it's fine with me." I smiled and thanked her. I ran back to Dan who was still standing there, looking confused. "Dan, do you want to stay at mine for a few days? My mom's okay with it as long as your dad is."  I asked him. "Sure, I just need to go get some stuff. You wanna come?" He said. I nodded and we left. 

Dan's POV

While we were walking to my house, I realized something. 

If I was going to stay with Phil, I had to sleep.

He probably is going to want us to sleep in the same bed.

But I can't sleep with my binder on.

Oh my god

I started internally panicking, trying to think of solutions that wouldn't hurt Phil's feelings, but I came up with none. I'll jut come up with it when the time comes. 

Eventually we reached my house. I told Phil to wait in my room while I asked my dad. I went into the lounge to find him watching TV on the couch. "Hey Dad? Can I stay over Phil's house for a few days?" I asked. He looked up at me and nodded. "I suppose so, since it's your break. Just have your phone on you at all times in case I need to call you." I thanked and hugged him then up to my room, just to find Phil looking through the things on my shelf. "Phil, what are you doing?" I asked while laughing a bit. He looked over at me in shock then put his head down in shame. "I'm sorry. I just saw a huge empty spot and kind of had the urge to look at the things" 

"Phil, it's okay. I'm not mad or anything. But anyway, my dad said yes that I could go to your house. We're roughly the same size right? Can I borrow some of your clothes when we get there, because I'm way to lazy to look through my whole dresser." I said. Phil just shook his head and sat on my bed. "Sure, just bring a bag of necessities. I' not sharing my toothbrush with you!" I laughed then walked over to my dresser. I got some things, then my toothbrush and hairbrush, and left after saying bye to my dad. While walking back to Phil's house, I casually grabbed his hand ...and kind of held it....until we got back to his house. 

Once we got there, he took my bags up to his room and I sat in the lounge to wait for him. He came down with his laptop in hand. "Okay Dan. We have 2 choices: Watch a movie or turn on some music and dance." Phil said. "Dance? Phil, I don't dance." I responded, stepping back. He clicked play and the song 'From A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins' came on.

 "Well, there's a first time for everything, right?" I just groaned as Phil pulled my arms towards him. At first he was making faces and moving weirdly to make me laugh. When he did, I actually started 'dancing' with him. Which basically consisted of me flailing my body around to the beat of whatever song was on.

-time skip- 

We were eating some leftover pizza and watching a movie when Phil yawned. He looked at the clock and it read 2:30AM "Dan, I think we should head to sleep now, yeah?" he said. I wasn't tired at all, but I still nodded and followed him upstairs. Without saying anything, he tossed me some sweatpants and a large Pokemon T-shirt. I thanked him and left the room to change. I changed out of my binder then out of my other clothes. I slowly walked back and saw Phil in his bed waiting for me. 

"Do you want me to s-sleep on the floor or something?" I asked already knowing the answer. "Of course not! Now come here, I want to cuddle with you." 

Those 7 words made me freeze in place 'I want to cuddle with you'

You see, me and Phil have cuddled before. And it was amazing!....but I had my binder on. This time, it was way different. For me at least. For Phil, this probably seemed like we were cuddling normally .

"Uh, okay" I said and got into his bed and faced away from him. He started scooting closer until  my back was almost touching his chest. He went to put his arm around the front of me, but I started moving away. He kept moving closer and I kept moving away until I fell off the bed.

"Dan, are you okay? Why did you keep going away?" He asked, his voice laced with sleepiness and concern. "I'm sorry Phil, I just want to go sleep today." I lied. I actually really wanted to cuddle with Phil, but I obviously couldn't. "Okay.." I heard him mumble and rolled over to the place he originally was. I got up and laid back down.

I think I hurt him. I feel terrible, but its for the best.