Chapter 18

another update because why not?

tw; bullying? 

a/n: I have not read the actual Shakespeare version of Romeo and Juliet, only the Wikipedia Synopsis on it so please forgive me if I get a few things wrong. 

"Okay Dan, just take a deep breath say it." I said to him from across the room. Dan took a deep breath and said, "R-romeo and J-juliet  isa t-tragic l-love storybetween t-two people of f-feuding kingdoms. J-juliet istold thatshe willbe marry-" I cut him off by saying "Raise your head up and speak louder, Dan! And enunciate your words." He nodded and said "Okay. ROMEO  A-AND JULIET  I-IS  A   TRAGIC  LOVE  STORY-" "Dan! Quit shouting!" I said to him. His brows furrowed together like he was getting frustrated. "Okay, okay. R-romeo and Juliet isa tragiclove story between-" "Enunciate your words!" I told him. He grunted and said "I am enunciating my words!" "No, you're not! Your words are running together and I can't hear you properly." I said. "Ugh, fine! Romeo  and  Juliet  is  a  tragic  love  story-" he said in a monotone voice. "Dan! Now you're sounding like a robot and taking too long of a pause between your words." I exclaimed. He wan't cooperating with me!

He groaned and said "UGH, PHIL what do you want from me?! First its talk louder and enunciate my words, then its talk lower and enunciate less, then its enunciate your words again, and then its that I'm talking like a robot! Phil, I can't keep up with all this!" He threw his notebook that had the project speech in it onto the floor and stormed over to a corner of my room. I saw him run his hands through his hair and saw his lips moving like he was talking to himself. I went over to him and hugged him from behind. His body was so tense, so I whispered "Relax, Dan" into his ear. "I'm sorry for lashing out on you, Phil. This, along with other things, is just stressing me out." Dan said. I could feel his body slowly relaxing. "It's okay Dan. We'll just try again but with one thing at a time, okay?" He nodded and I pecked his cheek and walked back to where I originally was. He went and picked up his notebook from off of the floor and looked up at me.

"Just take a deep breath and try again." I said to him. He nodded and stated talking

/////

"-and that is why I feel like Romeo and Juliet was a very over-rated story." Dan finished off with a confident smile. The whole class applauded but I clapped louder and longer then any of them. Dan walked back to his seat with a smile still on his face. "Dan, you were amazing! And you barely even stuttered at all! I'm so proud of you." I told him with a huge grin spread across my face. "Really? Thank you, Phil." Dan said. "No problem, Bear." I replied, sliding my hand into his.

\\\\\

Becky's POV

Dan and Phil told me to meet up with them about an hour after school was done, so when school was done, I tried going a different route than the one Jessica and Devon use. I didn't want to walk home with them because they would inevitably find something to yell at be about. That would make me feel horrible and probably make me sit in a puddle of self-pity alone in my room. And I really didn't need either of those today. I got home about 10 minutes later than usual, so thankfully Jessica and Devon were up in her room. I changed my clothes and went to reach for my deodorant, but I remembered that I left it in the bathroom this morning. That means I would have to pass Jessica's room to get there.  I tried going by as quietly as possible, but I accidentally stepped on a creaky floorboard. "Becky? Is that you?" I sighed in defeat, not even trying to hide it anymore. I would just get yelled at more if I lied. "Yes, it's me" I said. "Could you come in here for a minute?" Devon asked.

I went in the room and Devon asked "Ohh, where are you going?" "Out" I answered. "With who?" Jessica asked. "Friends of mine." I answered. I was not going to tell them that I was going with Dan and Phil, especially Devon because she'd probably try and come with so she can spend more time with Phil. Dan had told me all about the bet that they made, so I knew that she was just trying to get into his pants. "You? Have friends? HA! When pigs fly!" Jessica said, laughing. Devon started laughing too, but it kind of sounded like she was dying. I stayed silent and let them keep firing insults at me until something clicked in my brain. 'Just because she's my sister doesn't mean I have to put up with her.'

"Excuse you! I'll let you know that I actually do have friends, unlike some of us in here. And they aren't mole people or whatever stupid bullshit you two have said to me. They are nice and caring people, unlike you two! Now fuck off and leave me alone!!" I yelled in their faces. I walked out of her room and slammed the door with my head held high. I finished getting ready and left the house, proud and confident for once.

I saw Dan and Phil sitting on the same side of the booth, holding hands in the coffee shop we were meeting up at. I smirked and walked up to them, pretending to be shocked. "What's this? You two are a couple? I would have never guessed!" We all started laughing and Phil said, "We were planning on telling you today, but I guess you already know." "Dude, literally everyone thinks you two are a couple." I told them. "Welp, they're right." Dan said, holding up Phil's hand. "He's my loser." 

Would any of you want a chapter just dedicated to Becky? I feel like I don't give her enough love in this story. It'll be separate from the rest of the story, and it might involve cute fluff between her and her girlfriend.