Chapter 16

Dedicated to 

"Daaaannn I'm booooreddd again. What should we dooooo?" Phil said- well whined to me. I wracked my brain for things that we could do, but I always came up with the same thing that I wanted to do. 'I just want to kiss you again.' But I obviously couldn't say that, so I said probably one of the most cringe things E V E R: "I dunno! Let's just chill." Phil just sighed and kept laying there while I played with his hair, which was very frustrating for me! On the inside, I was freaking out, thinking:'OhmygoshohmygoshisthiswhatnormalfriendsdoareweevennormalfriendsafterthekissidontevenknowwhatweareanymoreHELPWHATDOIDO' My mind eventually wondered to the oh so familiar thoughts of 'You're not good enough for him.' and 'He's just here because he was too nice to reject you, so he's just suffering being with you.' and the oh so lovely 'You've ruined everything you had between you and Phil with that kiss, but he's just too sweet to admit it.'  You see, if I was alone in this moment, then I would walk up to my bed and fall face first onto it, and then proceed to wallow in self-pity for a few more hours. But, Phil was here this time.

"Daannnn I'm bored again, Let's do something fun!" Phil said, shooting out of Dan's lap. "And what is this fun thing you want to do?" I asked. "Let's go back to my house and play some games!" I agreed and we left. 

Phil's POV

We needed to talk about the kiss. I needed to know what he was thinking.  An explanation is what I needed. I couldn't stand not knowing what he thought about it. I also needed to know more about what he said about Devon. I just needed a whole lot.

We got to my house, it being empty as expected. We went up into my quite messy room and asked "What do you want to play?" He looked around and held up a Sonic game. "What about this?" I nodded and set it up to play.

////

"OI PHIL, YOU TWAT!" Dan yelled at me after I accidentally bumped his arm and made him run into a spike. I just laughed at his rage, and then remembered what I was going to talk to him about. I paused the game and turned to him with a serious face. "Dan I need to ask you something." I said. "Well, I need to ask you something too. But you first." he replied. I nodded and said "Is what you said about Devon yesterday true? Will she really just use you for....the thing and then leave you?" His eyes widened and he looked down. "Y-yeah, she d-does that." he said quietly. "Well is she doing that to me?" I asked. He hesitated before answering "Um.....no. I, uh, asked her about it the first time I s-saw you t-two hanging out and she s-said that s-she j-just wants to be your friend." I sighed with relief and said "Really? Oh, thank goodness! I really wouldn't want that happening to me." I saw him slightly flinch and scrunch his face up before nodding.

Dan's POV

I absolutely hate lying to Phil! I feel like I'm betraying him by not telling him Devon's real intentions. But I couldn't tell him about the bet, because he might feel like we're just using him. After his question, I was not so keen on asking him about asking him about the kiss. But if I know his reaction, it might determine whether or not I win the bet right here, or if it keeps going. I needed to know, it was killing me not knowing if he liked it or not. I decided to risk it and ask. "Okay, so my question is....uh...h-how did yo-you f-feel about the ki-kiss? I'' understand if you thought it was wrong, and I'll back off. Don't worry, I get i-" I was cut off by Phil grabbing my face and pulling it closer to him. "Dan!"

 "Y-yes?"

"I loved it. It was the best kiss I've ever had."

"Really? Would you c-consider..maybe doing it again?"

Phil crashed his lips onto mine and pulled his entire body closer to mine. Our lips melted together. He put his hands around my neck, so I put mine around his waist. His hands went up into my hair. All too soon, he pulled away. "Not to could like the cliche, but what are we?" 

"Whatever you want us to be."