Chapter 11

Dan's POV

How am I going to get Phil to fall for me? I mean, don't get me wrong; I do have feelings for Phil. But this whole deal just doesn't feel right. We are competing over Phil like he's some carnival prize! But I am determined not to let Devon just use him and then throw him out. He didn't deserve that.

About 5 minutes later, I got to the spot me and Phil were meeting up. It was in the park where my 'cool-off spot' was. I wasn't going to it lately, but with this whole deal going on, I figured that I might be going there more often. I rounded the corner and saw Phil on the bench...but he wasn't alone. She was there! She was already starting to throw herself all over him, and he looked really uncomfortable. She put a slip if paper into his pants pocket. Before anything else could happen, I ran over to them.

"Hey Phil! Do you want to get going now?" I asked, completely ignoring Devon's presence. He nodded and waved to Devon. "Bye, Devon. See ya later." Phil said, then stood up and we left. Once we turned the corner, he turned to me and said "Thank you, Dan! She was getting all touchy and I was really uncomfortable." "No problem, Phil." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "So, what are the plans for today?" He asked. "Do you want to go to the mall?" I said. I had about 15 pounds in my wallet and had nothing better to do. "Okay! I just got paid yesterday so we might as well." He said. I nodded and we were off. Somewhere along the way, our hands intertwined. I noticed it, but didn't try and pull away. If Phil had noticed, he didn't try to either. 

We were walking past a lot of stores, just looking through the windows and occasionally going inside. Phil suddenly gasped and started jumping and pointing. "DAN! DAN! LOOK AT THAT LION!!" I looked over at what he was pointing at and saw a really cute stuffed lion in the window of a shop. I laughed and said, "I'm guessing that you want it?" He looked over at me with puppy dogs eyes and said, "Please?" I couldn't help but  'Awe!' and agree. He started jumping again in excitment. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, DAN!" He hugged me and I hugged back. "Anything for you, Phil"

////

I was walking Phil home since it was starting to get late. "I had a lot of fun today, Dan." he said to me. "Me too" We both smiled at each other and fell into comfortable silence. "So Phil," I started to say. "since tomorrow is Saturday, do you want t-" I was interrupted by rain drops hitting my face. "Oh no.." Then it started getting harder, almost pouring onto us. Phil did't have a jacket on, but I did. "Here, take my jacket" I said to Phil. He took it and said, "Thank you!" I nodded as if to say "No problem." We started speed walking- no, we basically started running to Phil's house.

When we got there, Phil asked me "What were you going to say before?" "Oh, I was going to say that since tomorrow is Saturday, do you want to come to my house?" His face fell a bit, and he said "I would love to come, but I have w-work tomorrow." I smiled slightly sadly and said"Oh, it's alright. Maybe another time." He nodded and said "Definetly." We exchanged good-byes and I ran back home.

Phil's POV

I didn't really have work tomorrow. Earlier in the park, Devon had asked me if I wanted to go somewhere with her. Honestly, I didn't really want to go, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I agreed. Dan and her didn't seem like the best of friends, so I didn't mention it. I didn't want to lie to Dan, but I also didn't want him to think that I liked her better than him, which was totally not the case. I just sighed and went inside.

I heard rattling in the kitchen, so I went in there because I assumed that my mom was in there. I went up and saw that she was there, but...I walked in at a HORRIBLE time. My mom was making out with some other lady. (there's a mental image for ya) "Oh.. I'll just leave then." I said and turned around and left. I heard them pull apart, gasp, then footsteps following me. I turned around and saw my mom with a red face and messy hair. "Who was that?" I asked. I wasn't mad at all, I was just surprised. "She's my girlfriend, Tatiana. Do you want to meet her?" I nodded and went to introduce myself.

About 20 minutes later, Tatiana left and me and my mom went to our respective rooms. I pulled out the piece of paper that Devon gave me earlier and, unfortunately, it didn't get wet. I took out my phone and added her on kik so we could talk about tomorrow.

phillion: Hey, Devon! This is Phil.                                                                                                                                        devonnn: hi ^~^                                                                                                                                                               phillion: so what is it you want to do tomorrow?                                                                                                       devonnn: theres this party i was going 2. do u want 2 come wit me?                                                          

Phil cringed at her horrible spelling. He hated parties so so much. They were too loud, and everyone was drinking. He couldn't even touch alcohol without remembering what Charlie did. But, he still agreed. 

phillion: sure! when and where do you want to meet?                                                                                              devonnn: meet me at 10 at da starbucks by da park                                                                                       phillion: okay! see you then                                                                                                                                                    devonnn: yea ok bai