Becky's Chapter

"Mom, can I spent the night at Zeno's house?" I asked when I got back home. "Becky, you know it's a school night. And with Zeno?" my mom said, looking up from her computer. I almost rolled my eyes and said 'As if you would even care' but then remembered I couldn't be rude or she wouldn't let me go. "Mom, I know how you feel about how Zeno looks, but you know she's sweet and would never hurt anyone. We are, uh.. doing a project together and she thought that since we're friends, it would just be easier if I slept over there. I'll be back tomorrow." I said, flashing a smile at the end. My mother wasn't the most supporting person in the world, so she still doesn't know that Zeno has been my girlfriend for 4 months. "Well then I suppose you can go over. But bring your phone in case I need to call you." She said. I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you!" I rushed up to my room and grabbed a few things as fast as possible. My toothbrush, my phone...and my bookbag, just so my mom wouldn't get suspicious. I would just 'borrow' some of Zeno's clothes when I got there. "BYE!" I yelled then left the house. 

I walked down to the end of the block where I saw Zeno sitting next to her motorcycle. She dressed like what you would call 'emo', but she didn't act like it at all. Her skin was dark chocolaty brown. She had long black hair with the tips dyed bright purple. When she told me she was dying it, I convinced her to get the tips purple. She had a fringe swept across her face covering one of her eyes that was rimmed with black eyeliner. She various piercings peppering her face and ears. Her shirt was dark green with a black dragon on it. She had on a black leather jacket with way too many zippers for my liking and black jeans and combat boots.

 When she saw me, she smiled and lent down to kiss me on the cheek. "Hey, Zeno." I said to her, smiling. "Hey, babe. Ready to go?" I nodded and she handed me a helmet and got onto her motorcycle. I put on the helmet and got on behind her, snaking my arms around her. She sped off, startling a few people that were walking past us. We both started laughing at how their faces looked. Soon, we got to her house. She helped my off and we went inside. Her brother was in the lounge playing video games. He was one of the few people that knew we were dating. When we walked in, he turned around and said "Hey Becky!" I smiled and waved before Zeno said "Bye, Marcus!" and pulled us upstairs to her room. It was dark green like her shirt, but didn't have a whole lot of things on her walls. Just a calendar, a clock, and a few posters.

I dropped my bag in a corner and went and jumped onto her bed. And let me say, it's SO comfortable. The duvet also smells like her, which was amazing. She fell next to me and looked over at me with a wide smile. "You're so cute." She said. I pushed my face into the duvet and replied with a muffled, "Shut up." "So what do you want to do this evening, madam?" Zeno asked in a posh voice. "Uhh, do you want to watch movies?" I asked. "Yeah sure. Let's just get changed." she said, getting up and going to her dresser. Before I even had to ask, she had already thrown some black sweatpants and a oversized grey T-shirt at me. Even after 4 months, she still wasn't comfortable with her body in front of me, so she left the room. I just sighed and changed. When she came back in, I was already laid out on her bed again waiting for her. She was wearing similar black sweatpants and a blue oversized shirt. She took her laptop and laid next to me. She was scrolling through movies and stopped at one called Coraline. "What about this? I saw it was in theaters earlier this year, but I haven't seen it." I just shrugged and she turned it on.

 I got under the duvet and Zeno went to turn off the lights. She got under it too, and we started watching the movie. I started slowly scooting closer to her so she wouldn't notice, but she did and asked "Why are you trying to be so sneaky? Come here." She put her arm around me and pulled me towards her. I nuzzled into her side and she put her head on top of mine. This was way better than getting yelled at by Jessica all the time.