The Beginning

"So the photographer ran an idea by me for one of our group shots." Charlie said as she dropped down on the leather sofa beside me.

I hummed questioningly at her while still scrolling through my phone. When she didn't continue, I looked over at my best friend and bandmate. "Are you going to tell me or aggravate me with the silent treatment?" I asked impatiently.

     "I was making sure I had your full attention first." She said with a huff.

     "Well you have it, what's up?" I asked.

We were currently relaxing on one of the many couches at AP Headquarters, waiting for our set. As a special edition issue, AP Magazine was doing a spread on each of the bands performing at Warped Tour. This would be our first time appearing and I couldn't be more stoked. Charlie and I had started the band back when we were in high school together, but eventually took a step back to focus on college and possible careers in the 'grown up' world. After a while, we decided we missed the music too much to give it up completely.

Grace of the Fallen had gone through many different phases and people before it finally found ground with its current members. My best friend Charleston, aka Charlie, was our 5'4 modelesque, bombshell, tan-limbed guitarist. Her long dark brown hair was currently sporting a pastel pink and purple ombre dye job. She had originally started off as our drummer, but learned guitar between phases and then soon after mastered the art of screaming. I don't know how she manages it without destroying her vocal cords, but she does and it's what gives us our edge.

Kacee joined our ranks much later, as our new drummer. The crazy blonde, recently streaked with fire engine red, introduced herself during one of our college classes and we clicked instantly. It wasn't long after that, Charlie and I decided to restart our band and the small feisty drummer was the first person we asked to join us. The only problem was getting the two of us to focus when we were together. I think we pushed Charlie to the edge of her patience quite frequently. After that it was just a matter of finding a bassist. We went through quite a few until my 18 year old, platinum blonde and blue haired, youngest sister joined us, bringing her amazing harmonizing abilities as well. The willowy teen was the perfect addition to round out our small family, with her sarcasm and calm disposition she helped Charlie balance out mine and Ace's crazy.

     "They threw out the idea of doing a edgy topless shot." Charlie said.

     "Wait! What?" I said tuning back into our current conversation.

     "Really Sydney? I thought you said I had your full attention." She responded with an exasperated sigh.

     "You did, but that was really unexpected." I leaned back, running the ideas of how badly this could go if we ran with it. Then again it fit with our style and sound, so it could go our way. I ran my hands through my long auburn, blonde and turquoise ombre hair and let out a heavy sigh, "I'm down, but we've got to run it by Kacee and Brook. I know BB won't really care so much, but Ace may fight us on it a bit. Are you ok with it? I mean there is a possibility your parents will see it and we are opening ourselves up to some major criticism."

     "I think it will be fun. I mean, yeah, mom and dad might freak out, but we are all adults and it's my decision not theirs. Ace will freak for about a minute or so, but she will do it if you're down." I nodded running through the possible scenarios to get Ace on board.

     "Alrighty, let's go find them and share the plans." Charlie stood, extending her hand to pull me off the comfy couch.

It didn't take long for us to find them in another part of the building shooting some pool to kill time. As predicted, Brooklyn didn't really care what we did as long as we could leave soon and eat. Ace on the other hand took a lot more convincing that I thought would entail, she finally agreed, although very begrudgingly. Soon the director of the photo-shoot found us and ushered us into the room we would be using.