Finally Some Positive

A loud knock on the hotel room door jolted me out of my self pity and righteous anger.

"Sydney!" Charlie's voice sounded from the other side of the door, "open the door! I forgot my key and I have a surprise."

I pushed off of the bed and made my way to the door, opening it to my excited guitarist.

"What the hell has you cracked out?" I asked turning around to head back to bed.

"Don't you dare lay back down on that bed!" She yelled, half serious half joking. "I am about to impart on you amazing news and you're going to be excited with me!"

"Why again aren't you annoying Trevor with this craziness?" I didn't lay back down, but I did lean against the tempting bed.

"Because he already knows, he also knows that this is big for us and I needed to come tell you ASAP." She chirped out.

"Ok, well then spill the beans already fruit loop." I sighed out, too tired to deal with her enthusiasm.

"Sydney Callahan! You will not ruin this for me!" She shrieked. I slammed my hands over my ears and glared at her.

"Fine, then just tell me already." I said, moving my hands to rest on my hips.

I watched her pull out what looked to be tickets from her back pocket, she better not have busted up in here freaking out about some concert or I might kill her, guitarist/screamer needed be damned.

"Tuesday, you are getting your ass out of this room, going to this concert and meeting 30 Seconds to Mars with us, because not only did Interscope send these down personally to us, but the guys themselves asked them to. They want to meet us and give us the opportunity to co-head a tour with them." She explained calmly, though just barely.

I felt my eyes grow wide as I snatched the tickets from her hands to make sure she wasn't lying to me. "Is this for real?!"

"Yeup! Now get the fuck excited with me!" She screamed happily, "can you imagine, co-heading a world tour with 30 Seconds to Mars!?"

"This is unbelievable, how-I mean why-WHAT?" I couldn't help but stutter out trying to comprehend the opportunity being handed to us.

"I guess they've been keeping up with the tour and they really like what they've seen of us, they want to help get our name out into the world more, but they want to meet us first, make sure our groups mesh well. It is almost two years of our life we'd be spending traveling with them." Charlie reasoned as she jumped onto the bed.

"I guess that makes sense." I said shrugging, "have you told Brook and Ace?"

"No. Only me, you and Karah know. I thought we could tell them together." She said smiling.

Finally something positive after all the negative. I was excited and nervous, almost to the point of being overwhelmed, but I wasn't going to let that stop us from a major opportunity.

"Well let's go find them!" I laughed out.

"You do realize it's after midnight, the only places they are most likely going to be is in their guys rooms." Charlie said grinning.

"Look at who we're talking about, Brook and Pete aren't at that stage yet so honestly I'm not too terribly concerned about walking in on something there and Ace told me her and Woody were having issues and hadn't really been on an intimate level in days, so yeah no concern on that front either." I looked at my best friend whose eyes grew wider, it hit me then that Ace probably had only told me that last bit. "So are you going to run these hallways with me and find our family or not?"

"Woah, woah, woah!" Charlie's arms flailed around in front of her face, "you can't just drop that bit of information on me and then not explain."

"Actually I can, but honestly I don't know much more than that. They aren't doing so hot, that's all she really told me," I grabbed Charlie's arm and yanked, "now can we go?!"

"Fine, fine, we can go," she sighed out as she allowed me to pull her off the bed, "race you to Pete's room."

And like that we were off, running down the hotel hallways, racing to find Pete's room before the other, to grab Brooklyn. Charlie beat me by a millisecond and pounded on the door, yelling for BB to get her ass up and answer the door.

"Jesus Christ you guys it's almost one in the morning, nothing can be that important." She complained as she opened the door, scrubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Yes we know and yes it is," I grabbed my younger sister's arm and pulled her out, pjs, barefoot and all, "now come on we gotta find Ace."

"Have I told you lately I hate you both," Brook sighed as she chased after me and Charlie.

"Almost every morning we wake you up." Charlie shot back as she rounded the corner of the hall Woody's room was located on.