To the After Party & Beyond

Skully's Music Diner was unlike any other diner I had ever seen. The whole bottom floor was split between a bar with the old school vinyl booths and pub tables spread throughout with the other half being a huge dance floor positioned in front of a massive stage. The balcony above boasted another bar with more booths and pub style tables and bar stools. As soon as we stepped in, Charlie grabbed Trevor's hand, pulling him to the middle of the dance floor. Brook and Pete followed Jared and Ace to a booth to eat and I B-lined for the stairs, I needed another drink and pronto. Juliet and Andy were occupying the downstairs bar and if I could avoid them for the rest of life I would. Shannon was with his Russian model talking to Tomo, giving me the perfect opportunity to slip away from everyone.

"Can I get," I stopped for a moment, debating what I wanted, "a pineapple rum with a splash of juice?"

The bartender flashed me her pearly whites before nodding and making her way down the bar to start my drink. I zoned in watching as she deftly mixed my drink, when a hand brushed across my waist causing me to jump slightly.

"So about that drink." Kelly's voice sounded by my ear and a shiver slipped down my spine.

"You're a little late, but how about the next one?" I asked, slipping carefully out of his grasp and looking up at his mischievous smirk.

"Deal, how about a dance then?" His question caught me off guard but I quickly recovered as the bartender set my drink down beside my elbow.

"Ok," I grabbed his outstretched hand and my drink, "let's see if you can keep up." And like that we were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few strong drinks and a handful of songs later, I was feeling that good buzz. The cause, a good mixture of alcohol and Kelly's body against mine. Who knew the man could dance? It honestly felt like his hands were everywhere, keeping me right on the edge the whole night. I allowed him to spin me around, putting my back against his chest as we swayed to the beat, his breath even as he leaned down to run his nose against the shell of my ear. Good god this man was going to give me heart palpitations right here in the middle of the dance floor. I felt his hands on my hip tighten as his lips brushed down my neck to the dip that connected to my shoulder. Heat flared in my gut as his teeth grazed over my pulse point, causing my eyes to flutter close as I let the rush of sensations crash over me.

"Sydney!" Charlie's raised voice had me snapping my eyes open to see my guitarist glaring at me. "Can we talk?" She yelled over the music.

She never gave me the chance to answer before she grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Kelly and towards Ace and Brooklyn.

"What the hell dude?" I asked as they pushed me into the girl's bathroom.

"What the hell is right," Ace started, "what are you doing?"

"Dancing, drinking, enjoying the night," I started, "well I was until y'all yanked me away to have this little pow wow."

I crossed my arms, huffing out as I watched them all exchange worried glances between the three, well Ace and Charlie's were worried, Brook just rolled her eyes and leaned against the counter.

"I thought we told you he was bad news." Ace jumped back in.

"And I thought I told y'all to leave me alone about it." I argued. "I'm just trying to have some fun, seriously."

"We just don't want you to do something you're going to regret." Charlie reasoned.

"The only thing I'm regretting right now is following you into this bathroom. Look I love you guys I do, but I just want to have a night where I can forget about everything and just be free." I snapped out.