Official Meeting

All too soon the lights were shutting down, leaving only the backlights behind the guys on, throwing shadows down the aisle. Tomo's electric guitar started the first keys of Up In The Air followed quickly by Shannon's drums. The yelling of the fans started and Jared ran down the aisle as the lights flickered to the beat. I felt the energy in the room kick up about 20 notches leaving me breathless. Charlie and Ace started jumping up and down on either side of me causing me to jolt slightly from the moving bodies. Laughing, I soon followed suit, letting the electricity of the song flow through me. I watched fans slide out from their pews, crowding the aisle to dance and jump together and a grin split across my face. I wanted this, I wanted fans to love our music so much the let it just fill them.

Ace looked between me and the fans, before sliding out and joining them. Jumping and laughing as she danced with the group of kids in the aisle. I watched as she let Jared's voice wash over, seeing pure joy on her face for the first time in months. This is what we all needed, time away from the tour to just enjoy being fans again, to just enjoy fans in general. I hadn't felt this happy and free in a long time and even if we didn't get the tour offer, I would be forever thankful for this slice of time given to us. Charlie pushed me out into the aisle, where her and Brook quickly followed. We finished listening to 30 Seconds to Mars' final song, dancing in the aisle with the freedom to be ourselves and enjoying the sounds of their art.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Holy shit, was that even real?" I sighed out, as I flung myself onto the nearest arm chair. I shifted slightly, slinging my legs over one arm while hanging my head over the other.

After the concert had ended, Emma had found us surrounded by a few kids asking for pictures and autographs. We were led to what was the makeshift green room in the church and informed that the guys were meeting with fans and would be around after they were done.

"Did you see him," Kacee groaned as she flopped into another available chair. "My god, the things I want to do to him."

"You need to get laid." Charlie laughed out as she moved to stand behind my chair.

"I'm trying." Ace said throwing her arms out, "do you think he would object if I jumped him as soon as he walks in?"

"As soon as who walks in?" A smooth voice cut through our ramblings.

I snapped my head up to see Jared and Tomo walk through the door. Laughter bubbled up in my throat as I watched Ace's eyes widen dramatically. Charlie and Brooklyn collapsed in on each other behind my chair, their giggles growing louder as the situation progressed.

"Dear god I feel like I just walked in on you and Shannon talking." Jared said, his eyes focused on Tomo.

"What about me and Tomo?" Shannon's deep voice sounded as he rounded the corner, my pulse quickened even as my laughter quickly died in my throat. "Sorry I got caught up in the shower."

I could see his hair was still damp and looked as if he had attempted to run a towel through it, leaving it in complete disarray. My eyes followed water droplets as they trailed down his muscular neck, darkening the collar of his shirt. It took Charlie smacking my head to get me to focus on what was being said and not on how much I wanted to catch those water droplets with my tongue and not his t-shirt. I dropped my legs from the arm of the chair and stood up, walking over to introduce everyone. Tomo and Shannon moved to sit on one of the small couches while Jared stood in the middle of the room.

As I made my way over to meet Jared, his eyes trailed over me before a quick grin crossed his lips, "Nice shirt."

I felt my eyebrows crinkle in confusion before looking down at the shirt I had thrown on earlier. What I thought was a plain black top turned out to be the gag gift Ace had bought me the summer before with the words, I Prefer The Drummer, written in white across the chest. Charlie, Ace and Brook soon dissolved into another round of giggles behind me at Jared's comment.

Facepalming, I turned to look at my bandmates, "seriously guys? Of all the shirts, you let me leave in this one?"

"Hey I bought you that shirt! Don't make it sound like it's the worst thing." Ace defended, her laughter subsiding slightly.

"Fuck meeee," I groaned out.

"Maybe later," Shannon's quick response had me dropping my arm from across my eyes to look at the drummer, his gorgeous hazel eyes sparking with mischief.

"You," I said pointing at him with a grin, "I like you. I have a feeling we're going to be great friends." His answering smile had butterflies forming in my stomach and my heartbeat sputtering.

It took everything in me not to climb into his lap and kiss that smile off his face. Come on Syd! Get your head out of the clouds, you do not, I repeat DO NOT need to get involved with another musician.