Interviews & Concerts

"So I'm here with the all girl band that's taken the punk world by storm Grace of the Fallen," The bubbly blonde interviewer turned to where we were seated in the cool air conditioned bus that was being ran as media central, "How are you guys doing today?"

     "If the heat would drop about 20 degrees I'd be even better." Kacee said from my right.

     "I agree with you there." The interviewer said laughing.

I snorted at how ridiculous this interview was already starting out as.

     "Grace of the Fallen, how did you guys come up with your name?" Jeez I wish this woman would say her name again.

     "It was kind of a thing me and Charlie had going on back in highschool, I don't honestly even remember, I'm sure we were going through a stage and it sounded cool." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

     "Sounds about right," Charlie backed me up laughing.

     "Well ok then," she laughed awkwardly before moving on, "we have some fan questions that were sent in," we nodded, shuffling in our seats waiting to see what the fans had come up with, "let's get started."

For the most part they were easy questions, What's your favorite color? What's your favorite food? How do you come up with your songs? What inspires you? Everything simply answered, "Okay last question, Are any of you single?"

     "Uhhhh random," I laughed out, moving the microphone to my left, "Charlie? Want to start this one off?"

     "Thanks oh so much," Charlie's sarcasm had me grinning, "I'm sure everyone has seen Trevor's performance, so just to clarify no I'm not single," She said before passing the microphone to her left.

     "Shit, really, ummm, no I'm not, I'm currently off the market." Brooklyn sputtered out before throwing the mic to Ace.

     "I am so single and beyond ready to have some fun." Ace announced with a shark's grin painted on her pixie like features.

We all laughed before the mic was handed to me, "Single, very single."

     "So there you have it guys, half of Grace of the Fallen is taken, while the other half is single." She turned back to us, "thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me, I hope the rest of your tour goes great." We all thanked her before filing out of the bus and into the stifling heat of the sunny New York summer.

     "Alright guys, you have some time before your next set of interviews," Karah saddled up next to us as we walked to our marked tent for lunch, "and your set time has been moved back slightly due to some technical error going on with the electronics."

     "Do I have time for a nap?" Brook asked.

     "If you don't take forever to eat, yeah you should be good for about an hour." Karah stated as she guided us towards a spot to sit down.

The day went as smoothly as any other day could with a heat index in the high double digits and non stop interviews, by the time we got back to our hotel I felt like the walking dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our schedule stayed so busy that by the time Tuesday rolled around I hadn't had a second chance to even think about the concert or meeting Jared, Shannon and Tomo. Now that it was here I felt like I was going to throw up everywhere, my nerves were wreaking havoc on my insides and it felt like bats were flying around, banging against all my internal organs.

     "Guys if I pass out, just you know pull me along and pretend," I flailed my arms around, "shit I don't know just come up with something, that I have narcolepsy or something."

We were currently in our hotel room rummaging through our suitcases and getting ready for the concert. 30 Seconds to Mars was holding another Church of Mars at the St. Peter's Episcopal Church. I had seen videos of the last mini concert that they had held there and it was stunning. The church, their music, the whole atmosphere had been amazing and I couldn't wait to experience it myself.

     "Hey y'all we have to leave in 10 minutes to avoid traffic," Ace announced. She was already dressed in her favorite black jeans and sleeveless AC/DC shirt with her signature combat boots already laced.

     "I'm ready, we're just waiting on Sydney," Charlie yelled from beside me, as she ran her hands through her loose curls.

I watched as she climbed off the bed and moved around the suitcases strown around the room. She smoothed her black Journey tank over her jeans as she continued to the door where Kacee stood. Brooklyn was in the bathroom, already dressed in ripped jeans and white tank top, her well loved black vest hung half off her shoulders.

     "I've been done," She said, leaning her blonde head out of the bathroom to look at me.

I was currently sitting on the bed in a pair of dark washed ripped blue jeans and a my bra. I had already braided my hair in a loose fishtail braid that hung over my left shoulder, now all I was missing was a shirt, but everything I tried on I hated.

     "Just grab the first thing you see, everything looks great on you and it's just a concert, maybe drinks after." Charlie said, the exasperation evident in her tone.

     "Fine," I huffed out as I grabbed the first black top I saw, the fabric slid across my skin, flowing over me until it hit right above my belly button, "let's go."

The three of them glanced at me, expressions ranging from Kacee's outright amusement, to Charlie's wide eyes and slight smile, to Brook's knowing smirk. I glanced down making sure my shirt wasn't backwards before looking back up at my bandmates and family.

     "What?!" I finally snapped, tired of the stares. "Are my nose rings messed up again?" Recently I had switched out one of my nose ring studs for a hoop and it kept hooking itself over the front stud.

     "No, no, come on you look great." Ace said grabbing my arm and yanking me out of the hotel room.

I still felt like there was some kind of silent joke going on between them that I wasn't aware of, but I pushed it aside as we headed out of the hotel and to the church the concert was being held. Time to make a good impression and headline our first tour.