Nominations

"Are you going to tell me what's going on with you?" Shannon asked as we were all settling around the massive table at Republique.

"Nothing," I murmured, avoiding his intense gaze.

"Liar," he growled out.

Jared must have sensed the tension climbing between us from across the table as he cleared his throat, "so are y'all excited?"

"Excited?" Charlie question, "excited about what?"

"The nominations?" Tomo asked confused at Charlie's response.

"What nominations?" I queried, ignoring Shannon's growing frustration.

"Seriously?" Tomo looked around the table, "you guys don't know about the nominations for the APMAs?"

I shook my head back and forth, confusion clearly painting most of our features. Shannon shifted beside me before throwing his phone down on the table in front of me.

"Now who has the problem?" I countered as I grabbed his phone to look at the list.

The look he gave me made me seriously consider choosing my next words carefully. His usually bright hazel eyes shifted into a dark stormy green making me clamp my jaw shut and look down at the screen.

"Guys," I breathed out in disbelief.

"What?" Ace asked from across the table, glancing between my stunned expression and Jared's grinning one.

I could feel myself getting lightheaded as I continued to look over the list of nominations.

"Syd??" Charlie question, concern clear in her voice.

"This is just, just..." I struggled to think, to put words together, "just wow."

"SYDNEY!" Brook yelled from down the table.

Shannon grabbed his phone out of my hand effectively bringing my attention back to the table and my bandmates worried expressions. The waitress chose that moment to stop by our table to take our drink order, giving me time to process what I had read.

"HOLY SHIT!" Charlie screamed next to my ear after the waitress had left.

"Dude," I reeled back clutching my ear in pain.

"We've been nominated," she said looking up from her phone before glancing between me, Ace and Brook, a wild grin painting her face.

"We've been what?" Ace asked incredulously.

"Nominated. As in we've been put on a list for fans to vote on, so that we can win an award." Brook said, her sarcasm evident as she spoke slowly while she stared at Ace.

"Thanks, ass, I knew what it meant." She responded before flipping her off. Brook shrugged while everyone else at the table laughed. "What are we nominated for?"

Charlie ran her finger up the screen of her phone, "Well you and Brook have been nominated separately. You for drums which btw you're up against CC and Brook's been nominated for Best Bassist."

I watched as Ace and Brooklyn's eyes went wide before they looked at one another.

"What else?" Brook asked, her voice carrying a tone of shock.

"As a group we've been nominated for Breakthrough Band AND Best Live Band," Charlie said as her eyes continued to roam over the page, "Oh my god!" Her hand clasped Trevor's arm tightly. "You guys have been nominated for Best Underground Band."