APMA's (Part 1)

Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was probably one of the most beautiful buildings I had ever seen, but finally being inside and feeling the cool air conditioned air caress my heated skin was heaven on earth. The girls and I followed the guys as they made their way to the massive hall that would be holding the actual ceremony. Thirty tables, 15 on each side, lined the floor that was surrounded by levels of seats, where fans could view the awards. The front held the massive stage where all the bands would perform and the presenters would announce who won what.

"I need a drink," I announced after sitting at our designated table. The nerves were hitting full force and I needed something that would calm them.

"It's 5 Syd, maybe you should hold off," Charlie laughed out, "at least until the show starts."

It took everything in me not to flip her the bird as my leg bounced up and down. My nerves were shot and each passing second had my anxiety ratcheting up another notch. I watched as Andy and Juliet headed down the walkway separating the two rows of tables, taking a seat at the table directly across from us. From the corner of my eye I saw MGK collapsing at the table to our right with the rest of his group, followed by Papa Roach and his friends, all loud and slightly intoxicated. Why was I not with them?

Then I saw him cross in front of me and my breath froze in my lungs. The girls and Jared had done a great job of keeping him out of my line of sight the whole red carpet, but now? Now he was walking in front of me looking perfect. Shannon's 5'9 frame was covered in a soft dark grey v-neck t-shirt with a black blazer rolled to his elbows. His legs enclosed in a pair of light blue ripped jeans and his favorite black shoes. The only blight on his appearance was the gorgeous brunette attached to his arm. She was stunning in her black dress and exoctic features that screamed Russian model. They looked flawless together and I wanted to throw something.

"Fuck it," I breathed out, "I'm getting a drink." I announced louder before standing up.

My abrupt movement caught Shannon's eye making him stop his trek to the table to the left of ours.

"Sydney," his voice was low, almost a whisper, before he cleared it and moved to stand in front of me, "you look beautiful tonight."

"I-umm," I started my voice cracking and stuttering before I backed away from him and his girlfriend, "excuse me."

I'm sure I looked crazy or at the very least rude as fuck, but there was no way I could stand there and talk to him like nothing had happened. Finally, I stepped up to the bar ordering the strongest Jack & Coke I could, before leaning against the wood to wait for my drink.

"Drinking alone?" A familiar male voice asked. I cut my eyes down the bar meeting Kelly's too blue gaze.

"Stalker much?" I retorted before the bartender handed me my drink.

"Oh come on," he defended, starting his way down the bar to stand in front of me, "that was just rude, it's a public area with alcohol."

"You're right, that was mean." His boyish grin had me smiling back up at him, god this man was tall. "I apologize, it's not been the best beginning to the night."

"I'll forgive you if you agree to let me buy you a drink at the after party." His silver fangs glinted from the lights above and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Hmmm," I pretended to think on it for a moment before clinking my glass against his, "deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt eyes on me, from honestly every direction, as Kelly escorted me back to my table. After thanking him, I finally sat down facing the girls. Their expressions ranging from B's completely open curiosity to Charlie's eyes rolling so hard I thought they'd fall out of her skull to Ace's barely disguised disgust.