Chapter Two - Daddy's Little Girl

Chapter Two//Daddy's Little Girl

"How are you feeling, Kotoko?" Papa asked me.

"Uhh... Nervous a bit." I muttered. "But exciting!"

"That's good news, Kotoko. This would take a big step in becoming a real star. Just like you said you wanted to be."

"I was three then, Papa." I giggled a bit.

"Next week, however, you have some business. You'll go, won't you?" Not having the slightest clue about what he's talking about, I nodded. Business, what's that supposed to be?

To stop talking about my career, I changed the topic. "So how was work?"

"Sorting out someone else in the hospital. Believe me, it was a right pain." He laughed a bit. I looked at him confused.

"I thought you were a dentist...." I spoke out loud.

"Kotoko, Kotoko, Kotoko." Papa repeated my name as he stopped my track and crouched down to my eye level. "You do not tell a single word to your mom, okay?" He said, grabbing my chin. "Or else.." He squeezed it, causing it to hurt more, " You'll hurt mom. You're own mom." I started shaking with fear as the atmosphere changed. "Do you understand?" Tearfully, I slowly nodded a bit, avoiding looking at him.

"O-okay Papa.." I managed to say to him. He forced my chin to make me look at him and smiled as he patted my head.

"That's Daddy's little girl." He added. "Now, why don't you smile?" I lifted my lips to create a smile. "Good girl. You're so adorable, as always." Papa stood up straight and started walking. Rubbing my chin and wiping off the tears on my face, I follow on behind him.

I hate it when he manipulates me. Mommy told me not to bother him when he's like that. I wish I could but he's ALWAYS there.

When we arrived at school, Dad gave one of his hugs and kissed my forehead. "See you later." He added.

"See you." I said, half-heartedly. He patted my head a bit hard as I start to flinch.

As he left, I looked at other children with their mum or dad. The kids were smiling, hugging them tightly, as if they weren't gonna let go.

It just makes me think: how come I'm not happy like them. Some kids have died or divorced parents and they still happy, as if it never happened.

Is it actually worth being Daddy's Little girl?

I sighed as I walked into the school building.