Chapter Thirteen - The Truth

Chapter Thirteen//The Truth

"Mommy... Mr Director got involved in an accident.." I said. She dropped her pen as I heard the impact, followed by a silence.

"You're sure about that?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, and the new director won't give me a main role for an upcoming play. It's not fair..." Mother shook her head.

"Life is not fair, dear. But I can't let that guy interface with your career!" I sighed. Here she goes again, talking about a career I never wanted....

"I-I know mother. I won't let him. Also..." I paused.

"Go on." She picked up her pen and continued writing.

"The Towa Group, you know them right?" She nodded.

"Of course! The city you was born in was controlled by them. So what's the matter?" She asked.

"You see, one of their daughter, Monaca Towa, talked to me. The thing is though, she's from... The trouble maker class."

"So, a girl like her is in the troubled group. Kotoko, I'd keep an eye out for her. She could be dangerous." I nodded.

"Anyway mummy-"

"Shush!" She whispered, looking at the door. I looked at her confused. Is everything okay with her?

"Mummy?" I whispered. She put a finger on her mouth indicating to be quiet and I nodded. A second later, clear voices of a male and female's voice was heard at the door, making laughing and kissy sounds. Papa... I was right from the start. Papa was cheating on Mummy.

I looked back at Mummy, only to see how heartbroken she was. If Papa walks in and sees Mummy like this, I'm in BIG trouble! Slowly, I patted her back and hugged her. "Mummy, don't cry. It hurts me to see you like this."She hugged me back and sighed.

"Thank you, my little star. You like making me smile." I giggled along with her as the front door opened. I jumped as Mummy hugged me tightly. "Go upstairs for a bit. I'll call you when dinner is ready." She whispered. I nodded as she let go of me. As I was to go up the stairs, Papa grabbed my arm.

"Eh?!" I jumped, looking at him scared.

"Aren't you going to say hi to me?" Be asked. I smiled a bit as I gave him a hug.

"Welcome back Papa." I said half heartedly.

"Thank you, Pumpkin." He roughly patted my hair and let go of me as I went back to going upstairs.

Whatever was going to happen to them and me was unclear. But the truth was, things won't be the same ever again.