Chapter Fourteen - An Awkward Dinner

Chapter Fourteen// An awkward Dinner

So dinner was.. Very awkward. At first it was just complete silence. I sighed as I decided to talk. "So, how's work papa?" I asked, looking at him. He smiled as he replied.

"It was okay, little one. Well, fun in a way." He chuckled as Mother glared at him.

"Bet it was..." She muttered, playing with her food. Papa looked at her confused as I interrupted.

"A-Anyway, today I had shocking news!" I said.

"Is that so? What?" Papa asked.

"Mr Director had an injury, so we have a new director." I started.

"The thing is, while you was doing whatever business you was doing, this new director won't give her the main role." Mommy scoffed.

"Honey, is something the matter?" He asked. "You're acting awfully strange."

"I-I'm sure she's okay! R-Right, mommy?" I interrupted again, as I looked at her with a worried expression.

".... I'm fine, Kotoko dear. Just something was bothering me..." She sighed. I smiled in relief. Afterwards, I'm sure by the time I leave the area, something bad is going to happen.

"I'm sorry about that, Kotoko. But, you have this important play to work on, remember?"

"Okay..." I sighed. After that, it was silent again. I tried to think of what else to talk about but nothing came to me.

"Anyway, Kotoko, I think it's time for you to go to sleep now." She said all of a sudden.

"Wait, what? I-It's only 7-" I whined.

"Us two are going out! Mother and Daughter day out!" I smiled a bit. After all, it's the weekends tomorrow. "How does that sound?"

"Okay, I guess! Good night, Mommy. Good night Papa." I smiled as I stood up.

"Good night cupcake. Sleep tight." Papa said, patting my head. I waited until he was finished, then went upstairs.

"Poor mother... Really, dealing with a bad ending.." I sighed as I laid on my bed. I tried to sleep but the moment I was about to enter sweet dreams-

"I knew it!" I heard a shout from downstairs. I jumped in surprised as I sat up.

"Dear, j-just calm down." I head papa. "I can explain-"

Let's not ears drop... I put a pillow on top of my head and tried sleeping. But it was impossible, with the noise from downstairs.

So, instead, I ended up with having a rough night. Just Great.