Chapter Six - About Time

Chapter Six //About Time

"I am NOT going to do that to my own daughter!" I heard mommy.

"Listen, it's her chance to sparkle." Daddy's calm voice told mommy. Whilst listening, I quickly took my shoes off and hung up my blazer.

"But is that the only way?" I frowned, hearing her worried voice.

"Yes dear. I'm afraid so." I heard sighing. I'm really scared now. What's going to happen to me?

"If that's the case, I'll go with her." Mommy stated. I smiled a bit. Even without me knowing what's going to happen, I will have mommy along.

"Right. You do that." Papa said, having no care. "Oh... Work has called. I'll be gone." Papa said, as he started to come upstairs. I quickly got my script out the second after he came to my room.

"Papa?" I looked up at him.

"I'm going to go, now, okay?" He said, smiling. I nodded as I waved.

"See you!" He waved back to me as he went to leave.

To tell you the truth, it's bugging me now. Well, business and Papa. He's been away from home a lot more than usual. And the fact that he has a job as a dentist without telling Mummy or me. But, why should I care? I'm just a kid, aren't I?

Hurrying, I ran down the stairs to the living room.

"K-Kotoko!" I heard mommy's voice. I stopped halfway down the street.

"Yes, Mommy?" I said, loudly. She appeared in front of me and sighed.

"There's something I have to tell you. But before doing that, go and change, yeah?" I nodded as I turned up the stairs.

Entering my room, I quickly started changing to a pink top saying "Adorbs Girl" and black leggings. I see most girls wearing it after school these days.

"Boy, I hope it's about the whole business stuff." I said to myself, taking off my headband.

I went down the stairs again and headed to the kitchen.

"Mommy?" I quietly said. She looked up at me as she pulled me into a hug and smiled.

"You're a very special girl, aren't you?" She whispered in her ear. "Mr Producer wants us to stay over at his house. Isn't that great? This is one in a lifetime opportunity for you, dear."

I smiled. It's about time.

"So you and Papa are coming too?" I asked.

"Not daddy. Just us two. Mother and Daughter." I hugged her back in return.

Little did I know is that it was nothing I expected. Or something getting me triggered to...

"G-gentle?"