Chapter Nine - In a Bad Mood

Chapter Nine//In a Bad Mood

The next day, father didn't return. I waited and waited at the bottom of the step and he didn't show up. "Father of the year..." I muttered, resting my head on my hand.

"Don't be like that." Mother said, sitting with me. "Your father is working his socks off for us. At least appreciate that." She said, hugging me.

"Why can't you take me? Aren't you free today?" I asked, looking up at her. However, She shook her head.

"Sorry, Hun. I-"

"Pathetic! Forget it!" I shouted as I stood up, heading to the door. I glanced at Mommy, who looked like she was going to cry anymore moment. I looked down and sigh "I'll walk to school myself. See you later, Mom." And with that, I exited the house, slamming the door shut behind.

I couldn't be asked listening to those lame excuses, even though what I did back then was not needed. I promised myself that if I just hold in a little pain and fear and sadness, Mommy doesn't have to cry a single tear.

But I let it out. Holding onto the strap on my bag, I stomped all the way to school.

Reaching my destination, I glanced over at the Drama Queens. It's so unfair how they are totes Adorbs YET they their lives are perfect. Well, most of the time.

"Being Adorbs isn't always a good thing..." I muttered as I clenched my first. "Cute girls so through terrible things."

"Hey, Kotoko?" I jumped, looking at the red headed boy.

"M-Masaru?" I said his name. I slowly relaxed my hand as I smiled at him. "Oh boy, am I glad to see you!"

"Did something bad happen? You were supposed to be sitting with us at lunch." He stated. "Didn't Nagisa tell you?" I looked at him confused.

"Even if I want to, I can't." I said, still smiling. "That's sad."

"But you don't look sad.." He pointed out, also looking confused.

"That's because if I stop acting, I won't look Adorbs. And have a scrunched up, un Adorbs face!" I answered.

It's true. Have you ever heard that frowning will make your face uglier? That's what I'm trying to Avoid.

"Alright. Fine by me." He said, scratching his head. "An ugly face won't suit you." He sigh, walking away.

Was that an actual compliment? I felt my cheeks to feel it being warm.

Sighing, I shook my head, walking to the ground of Girls.

Being Adorbs isn't always a good thing. Cute Girls go through terrible things.