Chapter Sixteen - Lost

Chapter Sixteen//Lost

I looked at Monaca confused. What is she trying to do...?

"Anyway, Mummy. We need to go-"

"Kotoko! You can't just shoo away your friend." Mummy said. I sighed.

"Monaca... want to tag along?" I asked, forcing a smile.

"Monaca would love to! But wouldn't Monaca ruin Kotoko's 'Mother-Daughter Day'?" I smiled even more, knowing that she understands.

"Oh Don't worry. We'll do it another time." I looked at her in shock. I felt like my heart just broke. Do it another time...?

"O-Okay..." I sighed, putting my head down. The one time I actually spend a decent amount of time with mummy... Monaca smiled, putting her hands in the air, spinning on her wheelchair. Pickle Hair.

Monica and Mummy would be talking, leaving me out. I sighed, taking another lick of my ice cream that mummy bought earlier. I looked up seeing that the two were gone. I frowned looking around.

"M-Mummy?" I muttered. No answer. They say the first step to solving a problem is to acknowledge that there is one. Well, the problem is, I'm lost.

I sighed, looking for a way to get out of this situation. First, I decided to walk back where I was. The thought of mummy's face looking worried and frightened was plastered in my brain.

I need to find her.

I walked back to the ice cream stall but they weren't there either. Where could they be? I was having mixed emotions; sad because of the consequences I'll be facing, anxious because mummy would be worried and frustrated because I couldn't find them. Kicking the stone underneath my foot, I tried thinking about where they'll be.

"Forget it." I sighed, sitting in the bench. It's best if they look for me rather than both of us looking for each other. Finishing my ice cream, I looked up seeing a pink haired girl smiling with her big beautiful wings. It took me a moment to realise that it was a poster of me.

I smiled a bit, tilting my head. The Fairy Princess play must have gotten popular.

"Kotoko!" I heard shouting. Here comes my consequence. However, something wasn't right. Mummy wasn't angry or upset. She was... happy. "You missed out playing in the arcade." My mouth dropped open.

"Monica had loads of fun with Kotoko's Mum!" Monica said happily.

"Bet you did." I muttered, looking down whilst kicking my foot.

"What was that honey?" Mummy asked.

"It was nothing-!"

"I said Monica had loads of fun with Kotoko's Mum." I paused, only realising that she was talking to Monica, not me.

The feeling of being ignored.