Chapter 13: Side Quest 1/2

¤third person¤

Boruto lazily went outside to go to his best friend. He was definetly not in the mood to do anything today, the biggest example being him not wanted to go with his father in accompanying his younger mother and her teammates on a mission.

Now about Sarada. You might wonder why Sarada is outside. Well, curiousity took the best of her and went around to sightsee.

Boruto could just barely spot the Uchiha. He jogged to her while also trying to avoid hitting anyone.

"Sarada!" Boruto, not too loudly, exclaimed.

Sarada's attention quickly shifted from the sight of the old version of the town to her best friend.

"Oh, Boruto. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I was bored."

"Sure." She said, sarcasm rolling out of her tongue. "Anyway, I saw the younger version of Konohamaru-sensei and talked to him a bit. He's going to the Hokage so I thought of joining in."

Boruto sighed. "But I thought the reason of not going with dad is to be bored and sight see." He argued. Sarada ignored him completely by continueing to walk towards the building.

Before Konohamaru managed to even touch the door to go inside the hokage's office, Sarada caught his attention. "Konohamaru-sensei! Can we join you?" She asked.

Konohamaru slightly choked. "Konohamaru-sensei? Konohamaru is just fine, Sarada."

His slightly higher pitched, rougher voice made Sarada have a bit getting used to.

"Sorry, it slipped out." She said, bowing slightly. He continued to open the door to the office and found the hokage lazily sitting on his chair.

"Oh, you brought Sarada and Boruto along?" The sixth hokage said.

"Sir, Boruto just tagged along. Sarada asked me on the way." He replied. Boruto's hands were already tucked away inside his pocket and lazily stood there. Sarada stood still behind Konohamaru.

"Anyway, there are three rogue ninjas you guys need to capture alive. Here are the files." The sixth hokage said, giving three sheets of paper to them.

"Yaharu Satoshi, Tsukaru Shika, and Akashi Aoki." Konohamaru mumbled. Boruto and Sarada took a peek of the files.

"Oh! That guy!" Boruto exclaimed. Sarada started to mentally panic.

"Huh? So you know them?" Kakashi asked. He was intrigued, yet still looked bored as ever.

Sarada awkwardly laughed. "We've seen them somewhere before."

"Well, go on." They then started their journey to a small village that was said to have the three living there.

"Well, they stole like the time scroll or something. I think that Akashi guy uses puppets and I think most of them are hand to hand combat." Boruto said. Kakashi had then explained some more details about the mission, then sent off the ninjas.

"Hey, hey, Konohanaru-nii, weren't you like supposed to be with your teammates?" Boruto asked.

"Oh, most people are preparing for the celebration of the end of the Fourth Shinobi war's anniversary. I didn't just wannna do decorations, so I asked the Hokage if I could do anything." Konohamaru replied.

While passing the mountain, they found a random dango store. It was placed in a hut, big enough to fit a restaurant and small enough to not ruin the paths. To their suprise, someone was actually there.

"Well, I haven't had my breakfast yet." Boruto took out his wallet and gave a bill to the woman cashiering. In exchange, he received two dangos and aggressively ate both, drinking only the water they brought.

They then went back to their journey. Managing to travel a day with little stops, they were already half-way there.

They took camp, thinking the rest of the trip would be just like the first half, but bad fortune is only about to start coming their way.

-------

GA SP
I AM DONE
BAM
so like srry for the hiatus
Updates may be inconsistent so like very srry