Chapter Fifteen

Credence frowned, staring at the two figures in the alleyway. One, was familiar. Graves had been comforting to him, though he always wanted to assert his power. The other, seemed familiar. He had seen the girl the other night, but that was it. To Credence, she was scary. But his instinct, his gut longed for her. He wanted to run to her, to talk to her. And yet, he did not know who she was.

"Mr. Graves, who is this?" he breathed out, not taking a step into the dark alley.

Percival smile and reached his hand out, "This is a friend, Credence."

Credence stayed in his place.

"Why is she here?" he asked, seemingly like a small child.

"She won't hurt you, Credence. Come," Graves said.

Persephone glared at Percival. He was treating him like a pet, a dog. It annoyed her. Credence walked foreword, his eyes going between Graves and Persephone.

"Have you found the child?" Graves breathed out, reaching a hand out to the fearful child.

She frowned and narrowed her eyes at Percival.

"What child?" she asked sternly.

"I-I can't."

Credence's melodious voice interrupted Persephone's rage.

Graves held out his hands comfortingly.

"Show me," he said softly.

Persephone was confused for a moment, but realization soon appeared on her face. He was hurt. Badly.

Credence backed away, whimpering as if he was a kicked puppy. She reached out, offering her comfort. But, Graves beat her to it. He reached out and flipped Credence's arm, rubbing it gently as he wordlessly healed it.

"Don't touch him," Persephone said sharply and she watched as Credence visibly flinched at the tone of his voice. She hurt him. And it made her heart clench.

Percival looked back at the girl with dark eyes, silently telling her to be quiet. It was not a message, it was a threat.

He turns back to Credence and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a pendant. Persephone recognizes the shape of the pendant and it makes her narrow her eyes at the man who was looking down at her former boyfriend.

"I want you to have this, Credence. I would trust very few with it--"

He places the necklace around Credence's neck and Persephone is almost boiling with anger. He whispers a couple things to him and hugs him. The older man is touching him in a way that seems comforting, and yet threatening.

And Persephone almost starts to cry. She wished she could hug him once more, but it was obvious that Credence truly did not know who she was.

He pulls away and starts toward the end of the alleyway once again. Persephone is frozen to her spot and she quickly walks foreword and wraps her arms around Credence. He visibly flinches away but the warmth and comfort seems so familiar to Credence. He closes his eyes and wraps his arms around the girl, a frown on his face. Persephone sniffles and laughs, pulling away.

"Sorry, you don't even know who I am."

She bites her lip and stares at him, and then walks back next to Percival, looking at Credence.

"But I hope you remember me," she says and is suddenly apparated to the top of a building.

Persephone frowns and pulls away from Percival.

"What am I doing here?" she asked and moved away from the man.

He smiled and looked out at the city night lights.

"This could be ours," Graves commented and it made the younger girl frown.

"What are you talking about, Percival?" she asked and shook her head, wrapping her arms around herself to shield herself from the cold winds.

"I have a plan to take over everything, and it will work. And I want you to be apart of it," he said and turned toward her.

"You are crazy. Whatever you are thinking about, it can't work."

He just grinned widely, "That is where you are wrong."

She shook her head and stepped back, her mind silently preparing for a mental spell. Anything to get her out of here.

"Leave Credence out of this," she mumbled weakly.

He laughed, almost evilly.

"He plays a key roll in the plan, I couldn't possibly leave him out of it."

She was silent for a moment before starting to apparate. But, it was not working. And the last thing Persephone saw was a light coming toward her.

-

Persephone woke up on a couch in an apartment. It looked tidy and would be comfy, except for the fact that it was not her own apartment.

Her wand was placed next to her and she looked at it with relief. She would have grabbed it, but she could not move. She was paralyzed. Anxiety ran through her and her breaths quickened, her vision blurring. But, the door opened and Graves lifted the immobilization charm.

"Why did you do that?" she asked breathlessly.

"So you would not grab your wand."

He took his wand out and pointed it at Persephone's.

"Accio, wand."

Her wand flew over to him and she grabbed for it with no success.

"Just let me go, Percival. What do you even want with me?"

"I want you to take over the world with me."

-

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! The support has been amazing and I'm so happy you have been enjoying these. Are y'all excited for the on time update? The end is near for this story though, and I have started another Harry Potter fanfiction. It's called Tomorrow and you guys should check it out. It's about Draco Malfoy, just because I am endlessly in love with him. Anyways, please do vote and comment and follow. Let us try for 7 votes and 7 comments. Please? Much love! <3 The Small Teaspoon