~twelve~

jacob walked into the living room, seeing troye almost falling over from tiredness in the chair he was sitting in for his timeout. there was a pout on his face along with his thumb in his mouth. his knees were pulled up to his chest and his chin sat on his knee. the small boy didnt have his stuffie in his arms either, which confused jacob a bit.

he walked over to troye, "baby your timeouts done, you want to go nighty night?" jacob leaned down and grabbed the small kitten stuffie off the ground and handed it to the quiet boy.

troye just simply shook his head, not taking the stuffie, and stood up, letting out a small hiccup. the boy walked towards the stairs to go upstairs but jacob quickly grabbed the boys hand, which made troye snap his head towards jacob.

jacob only saw the boy tense and fear and sadness appear in the boys eyes.

he let go of troyes hand and he saw troye physically become less tense. "baby, are you okay?" the smaller boy just simply shook his head and jacob saw him crumple in front of him.

sobs escaped his body as he slowly sat down on the floor. jacob immediately caught his baby boy and pulled him up into his arms. he shushed the boys cries and whispered comforting things into his ear while he slowly swayed him in his arms.

after a few minutes, troye had calmed down. it was silent in the house besides the quiet purring of minnie on the couch and troyes occasional sniffles. jacob ran his fingers through troyes hair, something that usually gave comfort to the smaller boy.

troye lifted his head from jacobs shoulder. he rubbed his eyes with his fists, letting out a small yawn. jacob looked at him and wiped the boys left over tears. "whats wrong baby?" troye made grabby hands to the stuffie that was left abandoned next to them.

when jacob grabbed the stuffie, troye started talking quietly. "i-im sowwy jakey, im just scared." the taller boy walked them up the stairs to the bedroom. "love, theres nothing to be scared of. im right here to fight all the meanies and scary things away."

troye giggled a little when jacob tickled his side but it was only for a short second.

"its just that i didnt mean to make you mads, i didnt like what happened w-wif brayden a-and i was thinking lots about it in timeout and when you grabbed me it just really scared me." jacob could tell troye was trying to bring himself out of his little space and stay out.

"im sorry, i didnt mean to scare you. i was worried baby, you werent talking and i cant hear whats going on in your mind." troye just nodded and mumbled a quiet apology. "lets go to sleep now, alright? tomorrow will be a good day, ill make sure of it. okay?" jacob felt troye nod one last time before he set him on the bed and kissed his forehead.

------
shit happens, but heres a short chapter:)