~sixteen~

there was a soft knock on the door making the small boy, who was coloring on the floor, jump slightly. he pulled out his paci and yelled out, "jakey i think someones here!" jacob came walking into the living room with a smal bowl of trailmix.

he set the bowl down on the coffee table ad gave troye a kiss on the head before making his way to the door. before he reached the door, troye spoke up, "daddy do i have to be big?" jacob smiled at his small boy and chuckled softly, "no baby, you dont have to."

the small boy smiled big in response and went back to coloring with his paci in his mouth. he blocked out jacobs talking to whoever was at the door as he hummed, but then his thoughts were interrupted.

"troye!" the boy immediately jumped up onto his feet and ran over to connor. "connie! hi hi hi," troye giggled as he gave connor a big hug. jacob just smiled at the two feeling immensely happy at how content and untroubled troye looked.

"connie you can come color wif me and kit!" connor nodded and smiled over at jacob, "ill be right there tro, i just gotta put stuff in the kitchen for jacob." troye nodded and slipped the paci, that was hanging on a clip, back in his mouth as he ran back to his crayons and paper. "troye what did i say about running?"

right when the small boy heard jacobs voice, he quickly changed his pace to walking and mumbling a soft 'sorry' through the pacifier.

____

hari had just arrived a few minutes ago and troye had asked jacob how many more people there would be and the taller man just responded with saying there were only a couple more. jacob was currently in the kitchen as the door was knocked on. connor and hari were currently sitting on the couch talking while troye was on the floor playing with minnie.

the door opened and troye looked over and his mouth immediately dried. he felt like he couldnt breathe as he saw the one person he never wanted to see ever again. connor saw troye not moving anymore and looked towards the direction the small boy was currently staring at with watery, red eyes.

connor gasped and troye jumped onto his feet and ran all the way into the kitchen and clinged onto jacob. he still was barely breathing and jacob noticed, "l-love? whats wrong? troye look at me, are you okay?" jacob pulled the boy up into his arms as he faintly heard connor yelling in the room over, feeling the most confused hes ever felt.

"j-jay, nonono he n-," troye wouldnt stop shaking as he repeated the word 'no' over and over. jacob held onto him, shushing him and trying to calm him down and breathe steadily. "whats wrong? troye tell me." troye slowly looked up at jacob and quietly spoke.

"meanie aaron is here. tell him go away please daddy i dont wanna get hurt by him," as troye finished his sentence he choked up again while letting out a sob. jacob was surprised at troyes words. one of his friends as well as one of his workers hurt his boy. his small baby boy.

he walked back into the living room to see hari confused on the couch and connor yelling at aaron along with jed and adam looking confused as well. troye let out another loud sob and jacob grew furious.

"aaron, get out." jacob said calmly the first time. aaron looked over to jacob with wide eyes and then jacob spoke even louder, "i said get out!" jacob loud deep voice made troye jump a tiny bit but the boy kept holding onto him even tighter.

as aaron left, connor slammed the door behind him, making the rest of them flinch from the noise. connor walked over to jacob and troye, "troye are you alright?" the small boy just stayed quiet and held jacob even tighter, but he gave a slight nod of his head.

adam and jed both looked confused, asking 'what just happened' with their eyes. hari put the pieces together thinking about one of the conversations jacob has had with her about troye.

the small boy was finally calming down, his breathing more normal than it was just a few minutes ago. jacob had him on his lap on the love seat, cuddled up with kit and minnie. the boys small, shaky hands softly ran over the cats soft body, sometimes mumbling through his paci to kit.

"daddy?" he looked up to jacob who seemed like he was no longer interested in the movie they were watching. jacob ran his fingers through troyes hair, "hmm?" troye pointed at the couch, "whos those people on the couch with con con?" he motioned at adam and jed who were currently laughing at the movie along with connor.

"oh! thats jed and adam. do you want to go meet them?" troye nodded his head and bounced up a little in excitement to have new friends, but he also was a bit anxious.

________________

HEY!!! im sosos sorry for being gone for so long!! ive been sick and stressed with school work and my life has been a flippin roller coaster lately but heres an update!! ly!! (sorry if this chapter is a bit rushed or messy)