Hugs

I sat on the side of my bed, staring at my baby sister. She didn't deserve this.

Kayla's eyes flutter open, and weakly smiles at me.

"Hi.." She says softly. I smile down at her and rub her head.

"You you feeling?"

"Better.. Those pain killers definitely help." She slowly sat up. "Do we have any food?"

"I made some chicken and dumplings for you, easy on the stomach." She smiled at me.

"You're such a good brother!" Kayla grabbed onto my shoulders while I helped her up, and brought her to the living room. She sat down on the couch, and covered herself with a blanket. "You know, you don't have to do all of this!" She says as I hand her a bowl of Chicken and dumplings.

"You don't remember, do you?" She cocked an eyebrow at me. "When we were still back home, and I had my surgeries, you were always next to me. You were so worried that I was going to die, because you fully didn't understand. Now I see you going through something I never will. I hate you seeing you like this, because all I want to do is be there for you.." I sat down next to her.

"You have always been there for me! And you'll always be there for me! You and Tom have been the best brothers, you both stepped up to be my father figures. You remind me everyday of how much I remind you of Dad. Tom always tells me to find something I'm passionate about, like you have your videos and he has his comics, I draw. You have no idea how much I love and care about you!" I brought her into a soft hug.

"I am so thankful that I got to watch you grow up from a tiny small innocent human to a strong young woman. And if any brothers in the world did not step up to the plate as a father fidgure to their little sisters or brothers, I hate them. When you were a toddler, you never left Dad's side. You loved him so much, and it really sucks that you can't remember him. Even though you're only my half sister, you're as equal as Tom is to me.  I still remember how excited I was to have a little sibling. And when dad called me from the hospital to tell me you were a girl, joy filled me. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved you if you were a boy, but you being a girl makes it so much better."