Funeral

I slowly walk into the funeral home with Kayla's arm locked with mine. We were getting dirty looks, probably thinking that we were together. I'm just here to support my sister. She's been a wreak! I mean, she just lost her best friend because of a drunk driver.

Kayla had sunglasses on, because she didn't want to put on makeup. It would just get ruined by tears. Once in a while we'd just have to stop and hug.

When we were sitting in the service, I felt myself tearing up. It's going to be different not hearing the girls gossiping until 4:30 in the morning. Or having to get food that Victoria wasn't allergic to. She's 17, she never deserved this.

After the funeral, Kayla just wanted to go home. We were walking to the car, when Kayla finally started to talk.

"I think I want to go back to Cinncinatti for a while.." I stop and look at her.

"Okay! Just to get away from things?" Kayla nods. "That's a good idea. I've done it. It's to get away from things that remind you of them so you can heal on your own. Go back for a while, I'll pay." Kayla stopped walking to hug me.

"You're the best.. thank you.."

"You're welcome, sweetheart.. Let's go home and get you packed! You know what.. let's go get a drink first.. coffee?"

"Yes please.. Maybe caffeine will make me feel a little better.." I hold Kayla close as we continue to walk to the car. I look over to the other side of the street and see someone I truly hate.

"Isn't that the scumbag who got you pregnant?" I whisper to Kayla, pointing at him.

"Fuck! Yeah.." I continue to stare at him, and he looks over at me. He starts to cross the road with a smile.

"Kayla! No time no see! Why did we never go back out after that lovely night we had?" He days with a tone that makes me want to punch him.

"Because of that night I had to get an abortion!" Kayla yells, not caring if anyone heard her. Eric gasped and got angry.

"So what? You just decided to kill our child? You decided to kill a living being!"

"I decided that that being could potentially ruin my life! That thing could have ruined my chance of getting into any job!" She yelled once again.

"That baby could have been a president!"

"Pfft, not with your blood in it!" Eric smiled and looked at me.

"You share blood relations to this man. An asian. People who shouldn't be fucking alive!" I felt like I was going to kill him.

"He can't control it!"

"Yeah he can! He can get those fucking eyes fixed so he doesn't look like he's just going to stop in the middle of the sidewalk and make sushi!"

I pushed Eric onto the ground, hovering over him.

"First of all. I'm Korean, not Japanese. Secondly, at least I know how to treat woman, because you know why? My parents taught me that, which includes my mother, who is Korean. Now, I'm giving you three seconds before i pound your face in, because nobody talks to my sister that way!"