Mark?

(A year later)

I was laying on my bed, sitting on my phone, when I heard a knock at my door. I look at my clock. It's 3:30 in the morning.

"Come in!" Kayla slowly opened the door and poked her head in.

"Hey Marki.." She looked sad.. She's been crying.

"Are you okay?" I say as I sit up, and she comes and sits on my bed.

"You know Victoria?" That's her best friend.

"Yeah..?" Kayla's eyes began to water.

"About an hour ago.. She was hit by a car.." I pull Kayla into a hug.

"Oh sweetie! Is she okay?" Kayla pulled back and sniffed.

"N-No. Right now she's in surgery.." She looked around the room. "Is it.. Is it okay if I sleep in here tonight?" I smile and pat the empty space beside me. She hasn't slept in the same bed as me since she was 12 and having her first period. Her cramps were so bad that I spent all night up with her rubbing her back.

I zone out in my thoughts but I'm snapped out of them when Kayla rests her head on my chest.

"What'ya doing?" I asked in a nice tone.

"I need cuddles.." I smiled and wrapped an arm around her. She's always told me that she feels safe in my arms, even in the same house. She needs that security in her life, considering what she went through about a year ago. "I love you.." she says sweetly.

"I love you, too. Now go get some sleep, you'll need it."