Chapter IV; Departure

It came as no surprise to X when he found his sister just wondering the halls. If he had actually had to search for her he would have thought this place had actually changed her. But as it was turning out, nothing seemed different. She was exactly the same.

Y turned to see X before he could approach her. She blinked at him in surprise, almost the same surprise she had when he had destroyed that ball of light. Like she couldn't believe what she was seeing. The surprise faded rather quickly and was replaced with a smile.

"X." Y said. X gave a half smile, the one he knew Y would remember and saluted her in a mocking way. Y's smile grew and her shoulders relaxed. It was odd as X hadn't even noticed they were tense. "What are you doing here?" She asked, closing the gap between the two.

"Just got dragged along," X replied with a shrug. "The old coot mentioned something about wanting me to learn the powers the keyblade hold, or something like that." He continued. Y laughed a little and rolled her eyes.

"As much as I enjoy hearing the reason you were dragged here, I meant why you were still here." She said. She was watching X suspiciously like she still wasn't too sure about him. She noticed something was wrong.

"Master Eraqus wanted to catch up with baldy," X said with a shrug. "I didn't feel like listening to old men talk so I went to look around."

"Right." Y said with a nod. "You know, for him being your master you don't seem to give him much respect." She remarked. X laughed a little. The laugh was filled with sarcasm, like his laughs usually were.

"We have that sort of relationship, you know. I call him old coot and a few other choice nicknames while he calls me a brat or something." X explained. He played it off as nothing huge, and to him, it wasn't. It was even true, for once. The relationship just wasn't as friendly as he was making it seem.

"Right." Y agreed with a smile. A very forced smile. She was still doubting him.

"Are you ok?" X asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Fine." Y replied with another fake smile. X frowned and gave her a look that he knew she would understand. Sure enough, Y looked away from him and to the floor. "It's just, what happened to your eyes? They used to be brown and now they're not." She asked. X blinked in surprise. That was it?

"Oh, that," X said with a soft voice. He put a hand on the side of his face, a finger touching the corner of his eye. "It's a long story."

"We have time." Y said softly. She was looking at X expectantly now. Waiting for him to tell her. X shook his head.

"Not here. It's not a good place." X insisted. Y frowned at him and crossed her arms.

"And why not?" She asked sounding almost offended. Of course, she had come to care for this place. X saying it wasn't good had probably made her confused.

"It's a story of darkness. And I wouldn't want to taint this land of light." X explained. Y frowned yet again but nodded. Before their conversation could go any farther a bell tolled somewhere in the castle. Y looked up and around in confusion. She grabbed onto X's arm and suddenly pulled, almost throwing him off balance.

"Come on, we have to gather in the throne hall." Y explained. X nodded, allowing her to lead the way. It looked like things were finally ready to get started.

In the hall Y and X were the third to appear. Master Eraqus was by the thrones speaking to some crystal. Terra and Aqua already stood together, speaking with concerned looks. Y dragged X over to them, only releasing his arm when they reached the other two. Terra raised an eyebrow at X. He shrugged in reply.