Chapter VI; Heart of Light

Outside of the castle in Enchanted Dominion Terra turned to look at X. X looked up at him calmly, waiting for whatever it was Terra was going to say.

"Can you use that dark corridor thing to follow me?" Terra asked. X shook his head.

"No, I'd have to know where you were going." He replied. Terra looked at X in confusion. He blinked a few times trying to figure out X's method of travel.

"How did you know I was here then?" Terra asked. X nervously rubbed the back of his head. He gave a small grin before replying.

"I kinda, had a smaller Heartless follow you," X explained nervously. Terra blinked in confusion yet again. It was clear he really hadn't been taught anything about the Heartless. But why he hadn't was a mystery to X. Heartless were thought to be the only real threat to the light since the ancient war. Dream Eaters were so rare now, a Nightmare was no threat.

"There are smaller Heartless?" Terra asked. X nodded.

"A lot of them. It's pretty unusual for one to look human like I do." He explained. Terra frowned and nodded. He placed his hand on his chin in thought. Eventually, he looked up at X again.

"Can you go into the lanes between and not be harmed?" Terra asked. X thought about it for a minute before nodding.

"I think I should be able to." X said. Terra nodded and put on his armor and turned his key into the glider.

"Hop on, we'll stick together." Terra said. X looked at him warily before doing as asked. It was rather uncomfortable for the both of them but it would be a time saver. Terra looked at X amazed as they went through the lanes between. The blonde wasn't affected at all by the darkness that supposedly hung close. He looked more relaxed and at ease than Terra had ever seen him. Heartless must have been at home in the dark.

The next world the arrived in they were inside of a castle. The castle was dark and far from welcoming. They found themselves on the lower floors, not far from a woman who looked to be a queen of some kind. She stood in front of an ornate mirror.

"Spirit of the mirror, come from farthest space. Through wind and darkness, I summon thee, speak! Show me thy face." The queen said rather dramatically. X was about to make a comment about how crazy the queen was, after all, she was talking to a mirror, but was stopped when the mirror actually responded.

"What wouldst thou know, my queen?" The mirror asked. X blinked in surprise and looked at Terra. Terra shrugged and returned to watching from around the corner they were hiding behind.

"Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?" The queen asked. X frowned glancing around Terra to see into the room. The queen didn't look that impressive to him, but her vanity was great.

"Famed is thy beauty, majesty, but hold, a lovely maid I see. Alas, she is more fair than thee." The mirror replied in the same neutral voice it had before.

"Alas for her! Reveal her name." The queen demanded.

"Lips as red as the rose, hair black as ebony, skin white as snow." The mirror responded, rather than giving a name. The queen however still knew who the mirror was talking about.

"Snow White!" The queen snapped in anger. X held back a snicker.

"Someone couldn't think of a better name. I thought X was bad." He muttered under his breath so only Terra could hear him. Terra shot X a glare but was smiling a little, as if holding back a laugh.