Chapter XVI; Hidden Whispers

X stood in the underground, looking out over a balcony that looked over the rest of the underground. Master Xehanort wasn't far from him, looking in a similar direction. X cast a glance in his direction, waiting for the old coot to speak. But he didn't, much to X's annoyance. He just stood there.

"Didn't think I could do my job?" X asked, his anger and annoyance showing plainly in his voice. Xehanort looked at X calmly before returning his gaze to the underground. X couldn't imagine what was so interesting that he couldn't look away from it for an extended period of time.

"Time is of the essence. You were taking too long." Xehanort said calmly. X rolled his eyes and shook his head in disbelief. A lame excuse. They were nowhere near ready.

"Man, wish that crazy guy had shot you. You're really a pain in my ass." X said. Xehanort looked at him with a glare, his attention seeming to finally be dragged away from the nothing he was staring at. The old coot, however, didn't speak, just glared at the Heartless monarch besides him.

"Hey, you old coot!" The voice of the man that had targeted Terra yelled out. Several arrow-like projectiles were shot at Xehanort, but they all bounced off of an invisible barrier. The man didn't seem to care as he drew closer continuing to shot while he raved on. "You said I wouldn't get hurt! I didn't sign up to be collateral damage!" The man held his gun up to Xehanort's head. X fought his urge to snicker in amusement. "No way, as if!"

Xehanort summoned his keyblade without a sound. At the sight of the keyblade X frowned. He really did hate those stupid showy keys. There was no point in them, except to destroy everything in their way. The man leaned back from the key in the fear that was appropriate when faced with such a weapon.

"Okay! Okay, fine. Fine!" The man said in a panic. "Just..just put that down! You still need me! You still need me to do something, right? And all I'm asking is that you hold up your end of the bargain." He said trying to remain calm. X watched him in disinterest. Xehanort banished his keyblade calmly. The man let out a deep breath of relief. "Heh, I mean, what's a little scratch on my face, huh? All things considered. I'm just lucky he didn't steal my heart like princess Whatever-it-was. That would've ruined my week for sure." He said calmly. X resisted his urge to snicker. This man really didn't know anything about what was going on. Xehanort was using him like he used everyone else.

"Unlikely," Xehanort said, turning back to the underground. "A powerful light still lives inside of Terra. You see people like him, they don't have the power to steal hearts." He continued. He cast a glance at X. X pretended not to noticed and picked at his nails calmly. The man looked at Xehanort in confusion.

"So wait, you mean, he's not the one who stole her heart?" The man said in shock. Xehanort only smiled a cruel smile in reply. X looked up from his nails, meeting the man's eyes. X flashed his eyes bright yellow, causing the man to back away in fear.

X once again had to fight to keep himself from laughing.

*<3*

It took X awhile longer than he intended to find Terra. With so many options of where he could have gone, X made about three stops prior to finding Terra.

The world X found Terra in was bright and colorful. It looked rather peaceful compared to all the rest. X didn't notice any Unversed at all. Maybe Vanitas hadn't gotten into this world yet. Terra was talking to a group of inhabitants, each of which looked like some type of animal. Like the mouse, Ventus had fought with.

X blinked in confusion but approached the group slowly. He took note of two chipmunks, a mouse queen, and a female duck.

"I can't say racing interests me, but I need to defeat the Unversed. Tell me what I've gotta do." Terra said as X came into earshot. No one had noticed him yet, but that was fine by him.