Chapter XXV; Lost Boys

X groaned in annoyance as yet again Terra jumped to the rescue of people who were being attacked by the Unversed. It seemed everytime they went to a new world someone was getting attacked by Unversed and Terra had to step in. In this world, it happened to be two pirates of some kind and a treasure chest. Terra beat back the Unversed easily. X was impressed by Terra's growth as a keyblade wielder. He was getting stronger each world and doing well to keep up with the Unversed that were rapidly growing in strength.

"If I'd desired your assistance, I'd have demanded it. We had the situation under control. Isn't that right, Smee?" The black haired pirate in red said after Terra had beat all the Unversed for him. He had a hook for his left hand which X found amusing.

"Oh yes, Cap'n. Completely. We woulda cleaved those fiends to the brisket, we would. Why I'd have given 'em a little of this- and this-" His partner, Smee said swinging his fists around. Watching his moves X guessed he'd last about three minutes against the swarm. If he was lucky and the Unversed felt like playing with their food.

"Yep, they totally had that handled." X said to Terra his voice drenched with sarcasm. Terra looked down at X with a soft grin. X shrug at Terra grinning in return. The pirates seemed to completely miss the sarcasm, however. 

"And don't think your efforts mean you'll get a share of me treasure. Understood?" The man with the hook said. Terra sighed and looked at the man calmly.

"I'm not after your precious box, Captain." Terra said simply. X supposed it was alright to assume he was the captain. Compared to the other man he was rather well dressed. "I'm looking for a person. A boy wearing a mask. Ring any bells?" Terra asked. X frowned. He had forgotten that was who they were looking for. He hadn't seen Vanitas even once while with Terra. Vanitas had his focus elsewhere.

"No, not a one." The captain snapped. Terra sighed and rubbed the back of his head.

"Figures." He said. He glanced down toward X as if asking what to do now. X frowned and crossed his arms. This world might still have something interesting so there was no point in just leaving. Terra could just exterminate Unversed for all X cared.

"Smee! Ye blithering barnacle! We're off. We shall leave this place before the light draws 'em back again." The captain yelled interrupting X's thoughts. X looked up in confusion just as Terra turned his attention back to the pirates.

"Hey, hold on." Terra said stopping the pirates in their tracks. "What did you just say about the light?" He asked. The captain looked at Terra a moment before a grin spread across his face. X didn't like the look of the grin, but Terra didn't seem bothered.

"Ah yes, it's heartbreaking really. This chest, you see, contains light gathered from all around. And I got an acquaintance, a boy, who's sure to try and seize it." The captain explained with a sorrowful voice. Terra frowned and looked to X.

"A boy who's after the light. If it's not Vanitas, then who?" Terra asked. X frowned and looked at the chest. It wasn't special, so the captain was probably lying. But even so, it was better to just let Terra figure that out on his own.

"A lot of people want to steal the light. It's rather precious." X said after a moment. Light was for some reason greatly valued. Plenty would want to take it from others. There was an entire war fought over that after all. Terra nodded and looked back to the pirates.

"Hey, why don't I help you keep the light safe? Maybe you could tell me more about this boy who's troubling you. What's his name?" Terra suggested. The captain looked pleased by Terra's decision. He grinned once again.

"Peter Pan." He said. X blinked a few times and looked around the area. It was the edge of a forest. Not much else stood out to identify the world. "This chest must be brought to Skull Rock safely. Don't let Peter Pan anywhere near it!" The captain X assumed now was Captain Hook ordered.