Chapter IX; Caught

Y wasn't surprised when the next world she entered was just as empty as the first. The castle courtyard she had arrived in seemed too empty. Too quiet. Like all the life and joy had been drained out of it. It was dull and boring, just another place.

Y had always thought other worlds would be exciting. New things every turn and life everywhere. But it was turning out to be awfully dull. Almost the same story in every world. Something went wrong and the inhabitants just waited for things to fix themselves. They hardly ever seemed to try. Where was the fun in that story? Where were the heroes who fought for what was right? Where were the rebels fighting against the corrupt kingdom? Why did it seem that everyone was just waiting for their prince to rescue them?

Y gave a heavy sigh as she began to make her way through the courtyard. She stopped by a well and looked down into it. She couldn't see the bottom. But that didn't surprise her. She sat down on the well and kicked her feet back and forth, thinking of where to go next. She should investigate the world, that was for sure but she had no idea where to go.

"Excuse me miss, but do you know where the princess has gone?" A male voice asked. Y looked up to see a young man with brown hair. Y shook her head.

"I'm afraid I don't. I only just arrived, I don't know where anything is." Y replied. She smiled sweetly at the man before standing up. "I can go check around the castle for you if you'd like." She offered.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you." The man said.

"It's nothing. Don't go too far, I'll be back as soon as I can." Y said before going to search the castle.

The castle was pretty much empty from what Y could see. There were no people, no royalty in the throne room, no servants in the kitchen, no random visitors in the corridor. There weren't even any Unversed.

It was odd, but what Y found strangest was a room in the basement level of the castle. It was dark with only a mirror hung on the wall. Y stood back, staring at the mirror from across the room. It set her on edge, making the hair on the back of her neck stand up. She quickly turned away and went to return to the courtyard. She couldn't find the princess, and she should probably inform the prince.

"Just a creepy mirror. It's fine, everything's fine." Y muttered to herself. It didn't work as she had hoped. She still couldn't shake the feeling the mirror had given her.

Y was still distracted by the feeling from the mirror when she reached the courtyard. So distracted she found herself nearly colliding with a familiar face that wasn't the prince. She barely managed to stop herself before she plowed into Aqua. She jumped back before that happened though, careful not to make a sound. Aqua still had her back turned.

Aqua went to turn around as if feeling Y's presence. Y held in a squeak and ducked around, keeping herself behind Aqua. Aqua frowned before turning again. Y fought to stay behind her and repeated her action again.

This repeated for several times until Aqua managed to turn too quickly for Y to keep up with. Y made a sound that sounded very much like a squeak in her surprise. Aqua blinked in surprise seeing the younger blonde keyblade wielder.

"Y! What are you doing here?" Aqua demanded after recovering from her very brief shock. Y looked from side to side for an escape. Seeing none she turned back to Aqua putting her hands up in defense.

"Uh, I can explain." Y said, trying to look as innocent as she could. Aqua frowned at her, drawing closer to the young blonde.

"You had us worried," Aqua said, her voice filled with disappointment. Y frowned and raised an eyebrow. It probably wasn't the time for her to be sarcastic or be pointing out details, but she was confused.