Chapter XII; Fears And Lies

As soon as Terra left the world X let out a breath of relief. That had been a problem he couldn't wait to get rid of. Now X could freely hand out knowledge of Vanitas as he saw fit. That could keep Terra's trust. And he wouldn't have to worry about Terra distrusting Master Xehanort.

"How is he progressing?" Xehanort asked, watching X with a glare. X glanced at him calmly, meeting the harsh gaze.

"Well, he trusts me. Still not too sure of the darkness, but I think he'll come around." X answered. X looked around the area, approaching the edge of the rock spire. He looked around, searching the horizon. He couldn't see the beginning of the keyblades stabbed into the ground. Which he supposed was why Xehanort had chosen here to meet Terra.

"How much longer?" Xehanort asked. His voice filled with impatience as he watched X walk around casually.

"Granted nothing goes wrong, not much." X decided. He stopped pacing around and looked straight towards Xehanort. He held back a smirk at the look of impatience that was on Xehanort's face. "I'll show him a few useful tricks, keep pretending to protect the light." X continued with a smirk.

"Vanitas will be here soon. Stay out of his way." Xehanort said, turning away from X. X frowned and put a hand on his hip.

"I can't help him out?" He asked motioning his other hand. Xehanort glanced over his shoulder at X. His yellow eyes narrowed at the Heartless, who didn't show any sign of caring. X continued to look at Xehanort with his hand out to the side.

"You must avoid suspicion if Terra's friends were to suspect you it could ruin everything," Xehanort said firmly. X rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I'll stay out of sight. But I need to figure out where Vanitas is going next. I think Terra should at least catch a glimpse of him, keep him motivated." X said. Xehanort seemed to consider this, looking over X suspiciously. He eventually looked away and nodded.

"Very well. Avoid detection." Xehanort said. X smirked and waved his hand.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you." X said. Xehanort glared at X before opening a dark corridor and leaving the world. X sighed and walked off to the edge of the spire, finding a boulder to lean against.

He didn't know why Vanitas was coming to this world. Or who would be following him. If X had to place a bet it was probably Ventus. But that hardly mattered. If Vanitas was taking on Ventus it wouldn't be pretty. Ventus was the one thing in all the worlds Vanitas hated more than anything else. He wouldn't survive too many encounters with his dark counterpart.

X wasn't waiting very long for Vanitas to show. He landed in the center of the rock spire smoothly, turning to face X calmly. His mask was still on, which was unusual when he was talking to X.

"Don't tell me Terra's here," Vanitas said annoyed. X looked at him with disbelief. How stupid did he take X for? He would never meet Vanitas with Terra anywhere remotely close by.

"Just me wanted to see how your end is going," X answered calmly. Vanitas gave a short laugh and looked off to the side. He put a hand on his hip and shook his head. X wasn't surprised by that reaction.

"That loser isn't going to do anything," Vanitas said. That was no wonder. Ventus was too naive. His firm belief in good and evil made him weak. He hadn't seen anything that could shake his faith. He could stand to learn a thing or two about how the world really works.

"Guess you'll have to break him in then," X said with a mischievous grin. Vanitas looked towards him. He was silent for a minute, thinking.

"He's coming this way right now. You want to help out?" Vanitas asked. X's grin grew.