Chapter XXIV; Friendship Circle

Y spun her glider beside Ven a laugh escaping her lips as she did so. Ven laughed as he watched her flip and spin in the empty space. Her laughter was continuously bubbling out every time she moved her glider. She softly bumped her glider into Ven's and laughed before pulling away from him. Ven laughed once again with a shake of his head. Y tapped the other side of his glider suddenly before pulling back again. Ven laughed as he chased after her, tapping the back of her glider with his own. Y let out a giggle as she turned to chase after Ven.

This continued for some amount of time. Y and Ven took turns chasing each other through the space around them. Their laughter rung out around them as they played in the lanes between. It was just like before all the chaos had begun. Just a simple game between two friends who were still just children.

Very suddenly Ven stopped and looked ahead. Y stopped and glanced at him having heard his laughter stop.

"Huh? What's that?" Ven asked. Y looked in the direction Ven was looking. She didn't see anything.

"What's what?" Y asked. She turned to look back at Ventus. As she did so whatever it was Ven had been looking at flew past them. Y snapped her head towards the object trying to figure out what it was. She quickly identified it as some kind of Unversed by the symbol it bore on its body.

"Whoa! Unversed!" Ven said in shock. Y couldn't blame him. They had never really seen Unversed while in the lanes between. It seemed like a strange place for them to be. She had thought the lanes were blocked off to all but the keyblade wielders.

The giant Unversed turned back around and rushed past Ven and Y again. It was closer than before, using its tentacles to try and hit the two. Y quickly realized the blue almost jellyfish-like Unversed was trying to knock them off their gliders. 

"Try that again." Ven challenged the Unversed, preparing to take it out. Y rolled her eyes at Ven's taunt.

"I think it just might." Y said warily. Before the Unversed was given the chance to repeat its action Ven attacked the creature with his glider.

It was more difficult than Y thought it would be to fight the Unversed. It was probably because they had never had to fight while on their gliders. It had always been smooth sailing. With the sudden attack, Ven and Y weren't prepared. Ven did his best to attack with the glider. Y hung back and cast magic from her place. It worked well enough, if not the best.

The Unversed very suddenly left the battle. It flew away heading toward a spaceship that Y hadn't noticed until seconds before. 

"Trying to catch a ride huh?" Ven said as he followed after it. Y followed him without a word. She was too busy looking over the ship. It was huge. She couldn't believe she hadn't seen it until now. She wondered where it had come from and if it was capable of traveling worlds. There had to be a reason it was in the lanes between.

On the ship, the two found themselves in a round room. There was some kind of circular object in the center. Y didn't know what it was for and she was sure she'd never figure it out. The room was empty though, with no sign of the Unversed they had followed onto the ship.

The two friends hardly had time to look around when a harsh voice from behind caught their attention.

"So you're the intruders. Identify yourselves." The voice demanded. Y turned to see a giant humanoid whale-like creature holding some sort of weapon facing toward them. Y blinked in surprise looking over the whale-like creature. She had never seen something so strange in the entire time they had been exploring the worlds.

"He's a whale." Y whispered in disbelief to Ven. Ven held in a snicker at her childish words. He looked up at the whale creature calmly.

"My name's Ventus, she's Y." Ven introduced calmly. "The monster we were chasing boarded your ship." He explained. The whale scoffed at Ven. Y frowned at that reaction. Did he think they were lying?