Chapter XX; Theirs Alone

X had always found the lanes between kind of boring. They were colorful, sure. And the lights would blur in a kinda cool way. But it was all the same kind of thing, over and over, and over. The only mildly interesting thing X had was Terra. But Terra had been quiet the entire time they had been in the lanes between this time. X supposed Hades had shaken him, somehow.

X glanced at Terra to see him looking at an orange star shaped charm. X leaned forward to get a better look at it. He guessed it was important to him, but he couldn't remember seeing it before. But it looked something like a Thalassa charm that people in X's world would make when they were at the beach. Wayfinders, according to some.

"Are you ok?" X asked. Terra jolted from his thoughts, lowering the charm. He glanced over at X. The blonde Heartless had his head tilted to the side in question.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." Terra replied. He looked forward again as X frowned. He was obviously not fine. If Terra wasn't careful he would lose his heart before it was time. He'd turn into a Heartless. That wouldn't be good.

X was jolted from his thoughts when he saw a large swarm of Unversed. X blinked a few times to be sure he was seeing things correctly. When the swarm didn't vanish with a blink he decided it wasn't a hallucination.

"All the way out here?" Terra asked in surprise. X only shrugged before carefully positioning himself on the back of Terra's glider. It would difficult for them both to fight out here, but they had to try. A group of Unversed that large wouldn't let them pass without a fight.

X had no idea how they managed the fight. Even more, he had no clue how he managed to remain on the back of the glider during the fight. The jellyfish-like Unversed were more obnoxious than anything. They were easily killed by the glider running into them. X was throwing his daggers at them. Even such a weak attack one shot the Unversed. X could only assume Vanitas was just making these Unversed to be annoying.

Once the Unversed were gone X and Terra looked around to ensure there were no more hanging around. X froze seeing a spaceship of some kind above them. They were pulled toward the ship suddenly. X tried to fight against it, but he couldn't get away. X lost consciousness before they reached the ship.

X woke up in a small cell laying across a bed. He sat up slowly, calmly looking around. He seemed to be pretty far up off the ground. He approached the edge of the cell where a clear panel acted as the door. X didn't know what the panel was made of. He tapped at the panel as a strange pair walked past. X didn't how to describe the two of them. He guessed the really big one reminded him of a whale. The other one was nothing like X had ever seen before.

X sighed and sat down beside the panel. He tossed his dagger into the air and watched it flip before catching it. He repeated the motion several times trying to relieve his boredom. After a few moments X heard the sound of gunshots. He glanced off to the side to see the whale guy shooting at a hoard of Unversed. X watched for just a moment before returning to throwing his dagger.

Soon after the whale guy left the holding area Terra stopped in front of X's cell. X looked at Terra from the floor calmly, continuing to toss his dagger. Terra smirked a little looking down at the Heartless.

"Comfortable?" Terra asked. X rolled his eyes as he caught his dagger for the last time.

"Now is hardly the time to be patronizing me. We have Unversed to kill." X said sarcastically. Terra laughed.

"Right." Terra agreed. He pointed his keyblade at the cell. In a flash of like the cell opened. X stood and twirled his dagger in his hand.

Terra and X took out the Unversed quickly clearing the cell bay of the creatures. Terra and X stopped in front of a cell with a very fat alien life form with four eyes. He wore what looked like a prison uniform. That seemed likely as they were in a prison.