A New Acquaintance

CHAPTER8

APOV

I stare at myself on the mirror trying to fully grasp as of what I had dreamt. Was it because I had wished so bad to see him once more? To be lost in his grey stormy eyes that are darkened by the secrets he hides, darkened by the devil he tries so hard to hide but I can see glimpse of him swimming in his eyes. Maybe this is what is left over of his rough start in life that still tortures this man to this very day. His past is his tail- and a very long one in fact- considering he is still so haunted.

Holy Moses! he had a horrible childhood. I pity this poor man to had suffered so much.

I slap my face so many time that is now reddened. Wake up Ana, you have somewhere to be! But to no avail one Christian is not happy to leave my so soon. Why must he still torture me to even now, isn't enough was our meeting yesterday enough?

Laugh all you want, and say all you want but at the end of the day I felt it my heart, my head is still buzzing from last night and also my eyes fucking still sting from crying too much, so it was indeed real. I did meet the infamous Christian. But how? The answer is lost in me.

"Ana are you finished here? I can feel my pee dampening my panties."

I sigh in exasperation, clutching the basing tightly to withhold the tears that are clouding my eyes.

"Give me a second," I say.

"One! One!" Kate exclaims on the other side of the door and continues, "You said a second. Your time is over Steel."

"Give me two minutes then."

"Are you fucking mad Ana. I need to go now and by that I mean like pronto"

"You know Kate. The more you talk, the more likely you are going to pee yourself," I tease, my bad mood receding. For the first time in a month I laugh as Kate screams as if she is up to close with her murder. I open the door ajar to accommodate my head as I witness such a spectacular scene. She paces down the aisle as if like a headless chicken, her face so similar like a garden dwarf.

She cease in her semi delirium and I swear I could steam see steam blowing off her nose and ears as I can feel the anger radiate from her that is as hot as if the sun was brought closer. And her next words chill me to the bone:

"Wipe that smug off your face Steele. My panties are dripping wet,"

"At least you saved a plant. Who knows what pee does to plants," I say in a low voice to lighten the tension.

"Yeah whatever," she huffs and brushes against me as she enters the bathroom.

To tease her one last time I say, "I hope there is not poop there otherwise I'll have to but you nappies." Kate snickers while i laugh my ass off as I make my way to my bedroom to dress for work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its six o'clock when I arrive at Bellevue Elementary school. Truly it is the castle on the hills which indeed is made for a king, or for in this instance for children with parents that wield so much power but the poor are considered- not much anyway. It feels good to work here even though I had not aspired to it, I am more than satisfied with what I have now.

I slip into my class unnoticed because I am not in the mood of small talk because there's a mountain of test papers happily waiting for me to work them. Fucking hell!

~~~

I hear by the chatter of children that school has begun. I look at the marked pile and what a fine job did I just do. I resign marking and conduct the class like I do.