55

Cute gif cause why not

Tyler: Joshua William Dun

Josh: ... yes?

Josh: am I in trouble??

Josh: I'm sorry that I took the last cookie

Josh: please don't kill me

Tyler: no you're not in trouble

Tyler: wait

Tyler: WHATDAYAMEAN YA TOOK DA LAST COOKIE?!

Josh: im srry pls forgiv me?

Tyler: ... fine, but only because you're cute

Tyler: I just wanted to ask if we could see my parents

Josh: yeah, sure! I love your parents!

Tyler: you've only seen them twice, dude

Josh: I still love them!

Tyler: good cause I still need to tell them about our engagement

Josh: mkay

Josh: I'll be in the car

Josh: I love you

Tyler: I know

Josh: 😑

Tyler: haha what I meant to say was that I love you too, Joshie

Josh: mhm
___________________________

Josh pulled up into the driveway of the Joseph household, parking and taking the key out. He gave Tyler's hand a squeeze and traced his thumb over the sapphire ring making said brunette smile happily.

"Alright, ready?" The drummer asked.

"Mhm!"

Tyler hopped out of the car, jumpy with excitement, and jogged up to the front door. He knocked twice, glancing back to where Josh was shutting his car door.

"Tyler!"

He turned back to the now opened door and grinned even brighter when he saw his mom's smiling face. She greeted him with a big hug, looking over his shoulder to see Josh who waved shyly. Kelly gestured for them both to come in. When they did they were met with the smell of freshly baked cookies and the sound of cartoons playing on the tv.

Mr. Joseph was in the kitchen with colorful oven mitts over his hands, he had just taken the cookies out but when he noticed Josh and Tyler he threw off the mitts and ran over to them, hugging them both.

"Oh Tyler, Sweetie what happened to your hand?" Kelly suddenly asked as Josh shut the door. The singer laughed a bit before saying it was just a scratch, but he let her examine it cause he wanted her to notice the ring.

"How did you get this?"

Tyler shrugged, wincing a little when she pressed on it. And that was when Chris noticed the ring. His eyes widened excessively and he smiled, looking like he was about to cry. Kelly seemed to notice this and glanced at him, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

She turned back to the singer's hand and looked up at Tyler to see if he was uncomfortable. But only found him smiling.

"Actually, I did just scratch myself here, and it kinda hurts." He spoke softly, wiggling his ring finger with the pretty sapphire on it. She made a face that basically said why do you do this to me I swear you always end up hurting yourself.

She lifted his finger and looked around it, furrowing her eyebrows. "I don't see anything."

"You sure?"

She looked back down, then up again to see everyone grinning. But when her thumb suddenly felt the piece of jewelry. Her breath hitched in the back of her throat and her eyes widened to the size of flying saucers. Tears sprung to them and her hands flew to her mouth, covering her gasp of shock. She stared at Tyler who looked a bit concerned at how she was taking this.

"Tyler... oh my gosh." She spoke slowly, tears finally falling. Her surprised frown becoming a wide Cheshire like smile.

"OH MY GOSH TYLER MY BABY IS GETTING MARRIED CHRIS GET OVER HERE AND HUG YOUR SON!" She shouted, jumping up and down still holding Tyler's hand. Her son laughed and hugged his mom as she cried tears of joy into his shoulder.

Josh felt a little awkward just standing there in the corner as this moment went on, so he decided to hug mama Joseph and His fiancé. And of course that made Chris feel left out so he joined the hug too.

The rest of the day was spent with Kelly asking Josh tons of questions and saying statements like: "can you somehow keep Tyler from eating junk food all of the time? I swear I get the weirdest texts when he's on sugar highs." And "Please keep Tyler away from sharp objects, he won't hurt anyone. He'll just end up hurting himself" which earned blushes and quick protests from said boy.

But overall, telling Tyler's parents was a success.

Currently, Josh and Tyler were saying goodbye to Kelly and Chris. Both couples happy and ecstatic. The singer gave his parents the date and location for the wedding and hugged them both one last time.

"I think that went well." Tyler spoke after shutting the door. Josh nodded, immediately taking his fiancé's hand in his.

"Definitely."

"I'm glad they like you, I-i mean they already liked you but I'm glad they're okay with the fact that you proposed to me... not that they wouldn't be okay I mean there's nothing wrong with you, you're perfect and I love you I didn't mean anything by-mph!" The singer rambled, but before he could go on any longer, his fiancé shut him up with a long, passionate kiss.

They separated after a minute, lips slightly swollen and pink, but smiling nonetheless.

"I love you too." Josh said, making the brunette hug him tightly.

"Awww they're so cute, Chris!" Kelly suddenly spoke from the doorstep, clapping her hands happily and nudging her husband's arm.

Tyler let go of his kitten and smiled at his parents before holding Josh's hand and walking to car. Giving him a peck on the cheek.

Like Tyler said, it went well.

Now all we have to do is tell Josh's parents.

And they're pretty known for being over dramatic at times.
___________________________

A/N I have the next five chapters all planned out, here they are...

Chapter 56: they tell Josh's parents about the marriage

Chapter 57: they start planning the wedding

Chapter 58: I'll let one of you decide :)
(IamnotdoingsmutyouPOTATOS)

Chapter 59: wedding part 1: Tear In My Heart

Chapter 60: wedding part 2: The Death Of A Bachelor