Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Lisa, don't pick on your food." Aunt Cecile scolds her. She drops her spoon and fork and looks down in embarrassment.

It's only 6 but that's the exact time we have dinner here. Back in Doncaster, it has always just been me and Em for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But that was before we moved with Rick. The irony is how I want to have a dinner with all of us but now that I've thought about it, it has been better with just Em and me.

In the dormitory, it's one student for themselves. If you want dinner, you get your own. If you want to starve, no one's stopping you. I don't even want to think about going back to my dorm. Or going back to university. Carrie won't be there but I wish she flew back to Australia by now.

"Meg..." I turn to Aunt Cecile who gave me a questioning look. She raised her eyebrows at me but all I did was shrug. I didn't hear anything coming out of her mouth.

"Louis seemed really nervous before leaving." She says and sticks a piece of meat in her mouth.

"He was." I say and push the broccoli to the other side of the plate. "He kept saying he might not get it because of the more experience people applying for it."

"He's talking crazy, alright?" Peter says. He chewed on his food and puts the fork down. "The board loves having young people in. It gives them good reputation and makes their program look fresh." He explains.

"He doesn't sound convinced when I told him that." I say.

"It's the nerves talking. Wait until they give him a call. He'll be in for a big surprise." Peter says and gets up from the table. "Excuse me." He says and walks in the kitchen.

"Let's get things in order," aunt Cecile says through a deep sigh. "Do the dishes for me? I have to get these two to wash up." She says and I nod. I got up and started piling the plates and utensils. I take them to the kitchen and dump them in the sink while the water was running.

The sauce won't come off. Lucky me... I rinse the suds and open the dishwasher. I load in the dirty plates and mugs and shut it close. I hit the on button and prop myself up the kitchen counter top.

My sweater got soaked in the process now I have to change out of them again. I pull the sleeves up, revealing the horrendous marks of the blade. I don't remember sticking a blade into my skin, cutting it open. I don't remember going too far. All I remember were the horrific voices and words that hit me hard. No matter how hard I close my eyes or cover my ears, they won't stop. They just got louder and louder until everything blacked out. The next thing I know is pain shooting up my arms, blood dripping from the open wounds on my wrists.

"You alright there?" I snap out of my thoughts and immediately pull my sleeves down when I heard Peter's voice.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." I say quietly, tugging my sleeves more to cover my hands.

"Oh, don't worry about him. He'll do well. Trust me."

Oh. He thought I was thinking about Louis doing well with the board? Well I guess he will. He has a charming personality. People of all ages will surely love him.

"Is he spending the night?" He asks.

I shrug and pull my hair to one side. It's been a mannerism I've grown fond of. "You'll know in the morning." I say. He chuckles and leans on the counter right in front of me.

"That boy," he smiles and shakes his head, "I can tell he loves you to bits... That's how I convinced your grandparents to marry your aunt"

I force a smile but nothing came up. "He's the first one who stuck around this long, huh?" He asks.

"Yeah, he's stubborn like that." I say and got off the counter. He chuckles and put the teacup in the sink.

"Stubbornness is a different thing, kid." He says."So are you going?"

I look up at him confusedly. "Going where?" He knows I haven't left the house since I have been discharged. I don't see the point in leaving. Isn't that why my mother told me to skip first term?

"Cecile didn't tell you yet, huh?" He says and turns around to pull the drawer open. He takes an envelope of a soft yellow color.

"What is that?" I ask him.

"You're mum's getting married. Next month."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you not to tell her, Pete! I told you to wait!" I heard aunt Cecile screaming from the other room.

That's impossible! Mum, getting married to who?! Rick?! Is she crazy?! does she love him?

I get that they're going out but this is ridiculous! They've been going out for a couple of months for crying out loud!

"Cecile, she deserves to know. This is her mother and her soon to be step-father soon."

Step-father? That man might be my mother's fiancé and I'm sure Em has probably accepted him as a dad but do they honestly think I'm willing to let that pass and quickly give an approval? They're crazy.

I shake my head and got up from my spot. As soon I was on my feet I heard people rushing in the kitchen. Everyone was blurry but little by little my sight came back. I looked and my eyes widen as I drop the metal from my hand. Aunt Cecile looked at me wide eyed while Lisa was crying onto her.

"I'm... I'm sorry... I didn't.... I was... I didn't mean to..." I stuttered. Peter was holding me as I fell on the floor and covering my face.

What the hell is wrong with me?!

<<<*>>>

What is wrong with Meg? Hmm?

By the way, I need to ask this seriously important question:

Who are the characters you wish to appear more?

I have written the next few chapters but it can always be edited since they're not posted yet ;)

I'm just in a good mood cause I got Ruffles this afternoon :)