Chapter Forty One

Sometimes, no not really, I do things without thinking. None of them end well and certainly won't make a difference this time. Most people say 'go with the flow' but when did going with the flow turn out really well with no consequences and problems? Not a lot.

It's basically another statement for 'take a risk and hope for the best'. What if the best is not 'the best' you expect? That risk might just make you look stupid and desperate.

Well, it's a good thing I don't worry about looking stupid. Out of all the things that bugs me, that's definitely not one. I have my flaws and insecurities but having people think I'm stupid is not one of them. If they do, I might just surprise them. Before, I go for the safest decision yet most dangerous consequences. That was before. Now, I have a tendency to surprise people.

When I waltzed in the building of Milly's workplace, I didn't have a plan yet and I'm most definitely just winging it. I found Milly in one of the private rooms that's filled with sketches. To say the least, she was surprised to see me but not as surprised as I expected. I have a feeling she knows what's up. For some people, she might look cryptic bur for me she's too perspicuous.

"have you got a minute?" I ask her. She drops that fabrics and stands up. She brushes the wrinkles on her skirt, grabbing my hand and dragging me to a less crowded area.

It's a narrow navy blue hall. More or less, only two people can walk through it side-by-side. There are frames on the Walls with portraits of elegant and sophisticated people. I assume they're the founders and co-founders of this design institution. In Walden's, we have one like this as well except we only have Eric Walden's portrait at the end of the board hall.

I turn my attention back to Milly who looks more frazzled than when I saw her 5 minutes ago. "I know why you came. Harry, isn't it?"

One look at each other and we already know what we mean. I'm kind of mad at Milly for not throwing those tests away. Having to tell Louis about being a father is one problem but Harry getting eaten up by this lie or having to put this on Milly's shoulders is another.

"I know I should have and I know you're mad... It's a little White lie." she says, trying to lighten up the mood but all I feel are my nerves tingling that Louis might find out about this through someone else.

"we're lying about a child that doesn't exist." I remind her. She gives me a look that made me correct myself. "you know what I mean... " I tell her, resulting an eye roll from Milly.

"You always overthink things. It's not a problem for me, I can carry this on until you're able to tell Louis." she says like I just asked her to copy my history notes. This is a huge favor she's willing to do! Something definitely big...

"I'm not going to let you do this." I tell her, holding her arms firmly. She shakes her head pulls them away.

"Maybe you're not used to people helping you out or standing up for you but you have to. You can't always be alone when a certain situation hits you. You're strong, independent, I know you're capable of handling yourself and you're willing help out the people you care about and so do I. I don't want Louis to find you he's going to be a father through someone else..." she says. I'm always used to Milly being sarcastic and has an attitude to show that I never paid attention to this side of her.

"You've done so much for me," she pauses when she notices my look of confusion, "you don't notice it but you have and maybe this is my chance to pay you back. I'll let this whole thing blow when you've told Louis, if you're so uncomfortable of me keeping something for you." She tells me through an exaggerated throwing of hands in the air.

A part of me agrees with her. For years, I felt like I'm on my own. Even when I'm with Louis and our relationship was really good, I still couldn't let the fact that someone's there to look after me to sink in. That's something Milly got right but I havent realised that until now. I'm that ignorant not to notice the most obvious things about myself.