Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

That night, Louis slept beside me again but he didn't say a word. He was on the other side of the bed and same as me; our backs facing each other. I kept hugging the pillow beside me to fall asleep but it doesn't give me the same comfort as when his arms are around me.

But it's my fault he's acting like this. I might have overreacted but I didnt mean to. I was pissed off with the whole dad situation and everything that came along with it; the consequences and changes. My whole head was bursting with fury, even during dinner. I can't look at my dad or anyone. I didnt last long at the table anyway, give it mere 10 minutes but it was the most frustrating and awkward 10 minutes of my life.

And I waved him off when he tried to help me. He's the least person I want to lose. Even just now, I can't even sleep properly knowing he can't even look at me.

I turn to face his back hoping it'll make me feel better knowing he's still beside me. Nothing really change, I still feel lonely.

It is my fault. There's no question there.

I need him right now, there's no question there either. Let's face it. It's only been a few hours and I can't even think straight without wondering what's going on in his head.

Without thinking, I wrap my arm around his stomach area and bury my face on his back. It took a lot of courage because what if he's still mad? I felt tears welling up in my eyes when he didn't move so I hug him tighter. Well I deserve to be ignored after being a bitch.

"Please talk to me." I whisper onto his back. I doubt he can hear me anyway.

I hear him groan softly as he shifts, now lying on his back. His eyes open tiredly and they were red. He sits up throws an arm over my shoulder. The familiar gesture left me sulking. He leans closer to my face and squints his eyes.

"Are you crying?" He asks in a tired voice. He touches my face and thats when we both realize that, yes, I was indeed crying. Out of all the people I've come to know, I don't know what I'd do if I pushed him too far that he might never come back.

"I'm sorry for being a selfish bitch. I won't do it again and please stop ignoring me, please! I can't take it." I beg while my face was buried in his neck. I sound so desperate right now but I can't help it.

"You did surprise me when you yelled." He says. I close my eyes and block away that memory; even if it did happen just a few hours ago. "And when you hit me when I was obviously trying to help you."

Oh god.

"I'm pathetic." I say.

"You kind of are... That time. Now you're begging me to talk to you..." He says, looking down at me but I can't find the courage to look at him. Not with the way he looks at me anyway, he's making me guilty on purpose. "Wanna tell me what's in your head?" He asks, tipping my head up.

I can't find my voice. The last thing I want to do is lose him. Suddenly, over time that has become my worst fear.

"Say something." He says sternly. When he talks like that, I always get the feeling I did something wrong. Before it was just paranoia but right now, I know it's true.

"I was frustrated... With everything. I didn't know how to react with my dad's sudden appearance and I'm stressing myself with what's going to happen after the whole family knows he's alive." I say timidly. I know he's looking at me but I all I'm looking at are my fingers that's curled up in a ball.

"And...?" He asks.

I sigh and wipe a hand over my face. "And I feel so betrayed." I felt a tear slip down my cheek. I wipe it with the back of my hand and took a deep breath.