Chapter Forty Three

When we reach the hospital, I was already in so much pain. I can barely keep my eyes open. I remember the worst part of it all. The horrible, shredding pain inside me felt as if something was detaching from my body.

The pain sent me in a whirl. My hands feel numb and cold and every muscle in my body is immobile. My vision is mess, there's a tube in my nose and a fog is slowly consuming my vision. It's difficult to fight back when all you want to do is close your eyes like that's the only option.

The next time I open my eyes, I'm in a different room. Fluorescent lights hang from the ceiling and beeps coming from the machine beside me. My minds still foggy from the whatever medicine the doctors have injected in me that it sends me back to sleep.

= LOUIS' POV =

"You knew and you didn't say anything?!" Harry yells at Milly but she doesn't seem any afraid. She even shoves him off and turns her back.

"I was in no place to tell anyone but I did my part." she bites back and sits on the couch. I snap back to reality when a doctor walks in the waiting room. I was the first to greet her, followed by Milly.

"How is she?" Milly beats me to it. Everything is still trying to sink in for me.

"It was a close call," she says, crossing her arms infront of her. "but luckily we stopped the miscarriage. They're both fine. Megan's just resting at the moment, she should be awake in a couple hours. She might still feel slight pain in her abdomen so I suggest we put her in bedrest. We wouldn't want to add any more pressure on the embryo, y'know." she says.

"When can she get out?" I ask. The only words I've said since they've taken Meg in.

"We're going to have to monitor the progress overnight and if everything's good by the morning, we can discharge her in the afternoon of tomorrow." the doctor says calmly. Milly and I exchange looks and back to te doctor.

"Can we see her?" Milly asks but she knows the answer to that.

"I'm sorry, love. Hospital protocol says only one companion's allowed in the room after visiting hours." The doctor says, showing sympathy towards the three of us. She tells us which room Meg is in then leaves to attend to another patient down the hall.

I huge relief Washes over me. I slump down the couch. I wipe my hand across my face and took a deep breath. At least they're both fine. If Meg lost the kid, she'd never forgive herself. She'd never be the same. Harry plops down beside me and punches me lightly on the shoulder.

"Looks like you're gonna a dad." he says playfully. The thought actually excites me. I've been imagining a family of us. It's a dream I wish to have with her but now that dreams turning into reality.

"bet a huge burden has been lifted of your shoulders, eh?" I ask him making him laugh but Milly remains completely emotionless. She shoots a glare at me then to Harry.

"burden?" she raises her eyebrows at Harry. She looks like she's about to burst. Harry tells me they have to go and stands up to lead Milly out of the room. Milly starts to snap at him. He tries to explain himself but he couldn't but in with her. I hear Milly accuse him that he doesn't want to have children with him, that made me laugh because all Harry's been talking about back then was getting Milly knocked up. What a prick.

I take the opposite hall to Meg's room. When I get there, a nurse is already standing beside her. She looks at her in full concentration. Although I can't hear their conversation, I see a wave of relief pass on her face as she leans her head back on the pillow. She was about to take the tube out of her nose but the nurse told her to keep it there until tomorrow. Her eyes dart to me as I appear through the door. She says something to the nurse I could barely hear. The nurse nods and turns around to leave. She smiles at me before she goes out, "Congratulations." she says then leaves.