Chapter Five

"You're bribing me again, that's not very nice." I say pushing him away by his chest. He chuckles and wraps his arms around me and buried his face in my hair.

The past 3 weeks he's been coming over with snacks and movies to watch in exchange for me going to the wedding. Now, he's brought in Titanic and Frozen with fruits, Nutella and waffles. It's Saturday afternoon and tomorrow's the wedding. Mum's probably doing last minute shopping and picking her dress up, being all excited. Everyone is, even Lisa! She's been wearing her little dress all morning and running around the living room.

"Only because I want you to be my date to that wedding." He says, taking bite of another strawberry, coated with chocolate.

"But isn't it a Sunday? Don't you go to Wembley on Sundays?" I ask him. He shrugs and reaches over the table to lower the volume.

"Kids have their examinations, meaning, I get a day off. And you wouldn't spend it with me..." He says with a pout. I chuckle and smear chocolate all over his lips. He laughs and leans to me, kissing my nose and marking chocolate on my nose in the process.

"But have you seriously thought about it? Without doubting? Listing your pros and cons?" He asks.

For 3 weeks, yes, I've thought about it very thoroughly. I listed the pros and cons in my head and the cons dominate the list. The pros, however, are minimal but practical. The cons speak more of my stubbornness than conscience. Right now I'm debating on being practical or stubborn.

One of the pros in my list is that I don't have to spend it with my 'family'. I can always steal Em from them or watch over the little ones which aunt Cecile will probably assign me to do. The biggest con is watching my mother make a commitment similar to the one she's made 23 years ago; only this time, it's another man.

And the fact that I've spent every single day for the past month with Louis makes it difficult for me to see him go there alone. I doubt he'll be a loner, he's very charming. Everyone loves him! He even manages to get on my mother's good side, even I can't do that. Plus the idea of him in a suit or all dressed up, it's a wonderful thought.

"I shouldn't." I say then looked up at him.

"Figures..." He says.

"I shouldn't because I have nothing to wear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, he stayed over. We spent the whole night replaying Titanic and The Inception until two in the morning! Most of the time we were just making small talk and arguing about the movies. We fell asleep at 2:30 with the TV on and crisps scattered everywhere.

I felt someone poking my cheek, my eyes fluttered open. I come face to face with the innocent two year old in the house. Aunt Cecile came rushing in the living room, picking up the cushions and the bowl on the floor, placing it on the table.

"Meg! Get up! It's 8:30! We're going to be late late late! Go! Move!" She shouts causing Louis to stir beside me.

He checks his phone for the time and jumps off the couch. He seems more excited for the wedding than I am.

= LOUIS' POV =

I drove the two little girls to Doncaster alone. Cecile and Peter stayed home to fix up Meg and said they'll follow a few minutes after. There happens to be only a few churches in town so I assumed that the wedding is held in the biggest one.

I didnt bother checking the invitation again. Whenever there's a wedding, it's the big church.

And I was right. Outside the church was an elegant white car parked at the main door. I parked my car at the back and unbuckled my seatbelt. I opened the door and Lisa immediately ran out, hugging Emily by the leg. I chuckle and pick Stella up. She giggled and wouldn't stay still.