Insomnia

Black Hat has been sitting at his desk for hours, filling out paperwork and discussing business with clients. It was almost 3am, and he needed a break. He stood up and stretched, feeling a few joints pop and sighed in relief. Pushing in his chair he decided to tour his grand home and admire the art along the walls. The halls were quiet and dark, it was soothing to him. Walking past Dementia's room he could hear soft snoring, but Flug's room was quiet. He cracked open the door to find the room empty. 'That fool is still in the lab!' He thought to himself before storming off.

The doors to the lab swung open and Black Hat stood there, furious. Flug jumped up and squeaked in alarm, not expecting his boss to be up at this hour. "Uh, Jefecito! W-what are y-you doing up this early?" Flug asked, his body trembling in fear. "I should be asking you the same thing, Flug. You humans need sleep in order to function, get to bed, NOW!" Flug gulped, "I-I can't, sir..." Black Hat stomped over to his desk and slammed his hand onto it, leaning forward and grabbing Flug by the shirt. "What do you mean you can't?" "W-well, I tried to sleep, but I couldn't, so I came back to finish the device you wanted, a-and-" He pauses, and Black Hat looks at the desk to see the device fully finished, and a new project started. "Flug, you finished it already, you idiot! Why aren't you in your bed!?" He growls and tightens his grip. "Oh, well, I still couldn't relax, s-so I started something simple to try to calm my nerves..." Black Hat loosens his grip. Flug needed to relax. He let's Flug go and stands up straight.

"Flug."
"Yes, Jefe?"
"Come with me."

Black Hat leaves the lab and walks down the hall, Flug following close behind him. They turn a few halls before Flug realizes where they were headed. He immediately gets nervous, certain thoughts running through his head. Black Hat stands in front of two massive doors, opening them to reveal his own bedroom. Flug had never seen his bedroom before, and he certainly hadn't seen a bedroom so big. There were large decorated drapes covering the windows, slightly drawn to let in the moonlight. The bed itself was gigantic, especially considering the fact that Black Hat didn't need to sleep. The whole room had a Gothic feel to it, covered in couches, rugs and candles.

"Come along, Flug, don't just stand there." Flug snapped out of his daze to see Black Hat already in the room, sitting in a chair next to the bed. He sheepishly shuffled in, the door slamming shut behind him. There was no turning back at this point.

Now there he was, standing in his boss's bedroom, at night, with the only light source being the moonlight creeping in from the windows. Black Hat gestured to the bed and Flug swallowed hard. His mind was racing, tons of thoughts going through his head at once, making him dizzy. He hesitantly obeyed, walking to the large bed and sitting down at the edge. Black Hat groaned, standing up and shoving Flug onto the bed before putting the blanket over him.

"Jefe? What are you doing?"
"You are going to sleep, Flug, that is an order."

Flug shifted in the bed, slightly uncomfortable with everything going on. After realizing the reason he was brought here he sighed in relief, knowing Black Hat just wanted him to sleep. The bed felt even bigger than it looked, as he was laying there all alone.

"J-jefecito..?"

Black Hat stood at the foot at the bed, watching him.

"Yes, Flug?"

"I-I don't think I'll be able to sleep..."
"And why is that?"

Black Hat growled slightly, and Flug curled up into a ball under the blanket, whimpering to himself. Black Hat sighed, boy did he look pathetic. Flug looked at the floor, slightly embarrassed.

"N-no reason..."

Flug could feel Black Hat's eyes burning into him, and he could feel Black Hat silently judging him. He felt helpless and vulnerable.

Black Hat realized what Flug wanted and mentally gagged, but if it would make Flug sleep... it might not be so bad. He sat on the edge of the bed before scooting over and sneaking under the blanket, laying behind Flug, spooning him. He felt a jolt go through Flug's body and heard a yelp of suprise.

"Sir?! What are you doing?!"

Black Hat didn't answer, burying his face into Flug's shoulder and letting out a huff. He could feel that Flug was very tense, but knew that by human nature he'd eventually relax and become calm. Flug felt warm, and it felt... nice? Pulling the man closer he wrapped his arms around Flug's waist, hooking their legs together.

Flug could feel his cool breath on his neck, and he was surprised at how cold his boss felt. He was very confused, but enjoyed having someone so close, despite the fact that it was some satanic being of a species he probably wouldn't even be able to comprehend.

After laying there for a few minutes Flug relaxed, letting his muscles go to jelly and sinking into the bed. He felt very drowsy and his eyelids grew heavy. Letting out a sigh, he began to drift off, letting sleep overtake his mind.

Black Hat felt Flug's breathing slow, and knew he had fallen asleep. He smiled to himself triumphantly, before realizing he would have to leave. He absolutely hated to admit it, but he... enjoys the cuddling. His neck snapped back and he shook his head, trying to clear his mind of such thought. 'No! You are Black Hat! You can't enjoy something as feeble as cuddling. That's too... cute. It would absolutely ruin your image!' He thought to himself angrily, unknowing to himself he had pulled Flug even closer. Looking down at Flug's sleeping form he swore at himself; he shouldn't find something this cute. Especially if that something is a human.

With a sigh he rested his chin on Flug's shoulder, eyeing him lazily. His kind didn't need sleep, but was still capable of it. He'd never wanted to do it until now. With a groan he decided his work could wait till morning and laid his head on the pillow, closing his one good eye. He let himself relax and he drifted off to sleep, still holding on to Flug's form.