Can I Try It?

A short amount of time had passed and Flug grew hungry again. He wandered into the kitchen to find something more filling that could keep him full.

He finds some fruit in the fridge and decided he could make a smoothie. That seems filling, or at least enough to keep him until morning.

He shoves a couple different fruits and juices into a blender and soon has a fruit smoothie. He sets it aside to clean his mess, as he accidently spilt a bit on the counter.

Finally he is holding a nice big glass filled with his fruit smoothie and he goes back to the lab, not wanting Dementia to walk into the kitchen, see him, and start asking questions.

Flug gets to his lab and puts a straw into the beverage, taking a sip. The drink was sweet and tangy, with a slightly sour aftertaste. It was cool and refreshing, though a bit thick. "Hmm. Could have added a bit more juice to the mix..." He swishes it around in his hand, watching the liquid swirl around in the glass.

"What could have used more juice?" A deep voiced asked from behind him.

"Oh!" Flug spun around, almost spilling his drink. "O-oh, Jefecito! I didn't hear you come in! How... how long have you been standing there..?"

Black Hat stared at him with an emotionless expression. "I've just arrived. Now I believe I've asked you a question, Doctor."

"H-huh?" Flug started, trying to remember. "Oh! Oh, yes. I made a smoothie with some fruit, but I didn't make it right..." He trails off, looking down at the drink in his hand.

Black Hat looks at the drink as well. "A smoothie? I've never had one. What's in it?" He had never been interested in foods before, and the only drink he had ever been fond of was coffee. After finding that food wasn't so bad, he was slightly willing to try a few new things.

He was only willing to try foods that Flug enjoyed, though.

Flug looked back up at his boss, "What's in the smoothie? Oh, uh... various fruits I found in the fridge. Strawberries, bananas, blueberries... I think I put a lemon or a lime in there, that's probably why it's sour..." He stops and thinks for a second before snapping back to reality. "There are other fruits in it too, but I forgot what. I also put some grape juice in it, but I don't think I put enough..."

Black Hat nods his head and thinks to himself before hesitantly asking, "Can I try it?"

Flug halted his train of thought and looked at Black Hat, slightly confused. He... he wanted to try it? He actually... wanted to try it?

"Uh... sure. Let me get you a straw. They are easier to drink that way."

He walks over and sets it down on the desk. Black Hat walks over to it while Flug walks to another table to get him a straw. Black Hat leans forward and sniffs it skeptically. He didn't entirely trust it but if Flug liked it, it must be at least tolerable.

It smelled... odd. The aroma was unfamiliar and he was debating if he liked the scent of something so sweet and sugary.

Flug cut his debate short when he plunged another straw into the beverage, the movement catching Black Hat's attention. He looked up at Flug and cleared his throat.

"So... I just drink it? Out of the straw?"

Flug nodded nervously, highly doubting that Black Hat would even remotely enjoy this.

Black Hat reached forward to grab the straw, guiding it to his mouth. He took a sip, no emotions were shown on his face or even in his body language. Everything was dull and dead.

After getting a generous amount in his mouth he stood up, swishing it around along his tongue, taking in the flavors and trying to pin point what they were. After a few seconds of this he swallowed.

"Well... that was aa-aaAHH!" The sour aftertaste caught him off guard and he stepped back with one foot, scrunching up his face and shaking his head violently.

The sourness passed and he stood there staring at Flug, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What was that?" Black Hat whispered, in awe at how a flavor could make his body react in such a way on its own.

"That was probably the lemon or lime. They are a bit sour, especially lemons." Flug answered. He wouldn't say it but he found Black Hat's reaction extremely amusing. He should introduce him to new foods more often. Maybe just get him to eat a lemon whole.

Flug cleared his throat, trying very hard not to laugh at the thought of his boss eating a lemon and how he would react. His whole body would probably scrunch up and shudder and he would yell out in surprise and-

Flug coughed a bit, hiding a few giggles. He'd have to save that thought for later.

"How do you make a smoothie like this?" Black Hat asked. He enjoyed the drink, and wanted more. He didn't want to take this one from Flug as he obviously needed it, he actually went out on his own to get it without being yelled at to eat.

"Well, I'd show you, but I used the last of he strawberries. Wait, do you like it?" Flug's eyes widened and he looked up at his boss. He was quite shocked that Black Hat enjoyed it.

"Yes, I do like it." Black Hat tried not to stutter, as he was slightly embarrassed that he did like it. "Is there not another way to get more?"

He covered his embarrassment well and Flug didn't notice. "Well... we could... uh..." He twiddled his fingers together nervously, looking at the floor. "We could share mine?" Flug looked up at his boss, blushing slightly at the thought. They'd be sharing the same drink and their faces would be so close and they would- Oh gosh he was blushing!

Flug was thankful to be wearing a bag, as it hid the fact that he was slowly becoming more and more flustered.

Black Hat thought for a moment. "Don't you need it, though? You went out to make it yourself. You must be hungry."

"Oh no, Jefe. Well, yes, I am hungry, but I can never finish a whole glass on my own. It's too big, I can't drink all that." Flug straightens his posture, hoping it would help calm his nerves. It only slightly helped.

"Well... if you say so. We will share it, then?" Black Hat asks, confirming that Flug was sure he was willing to share. He hated to admit it but he was secretly hoping Flug would say yes. The idea of drinking together seemed... appealing? Somehow?

"Ah, yes. Yes, we can share." Flug nods as he talks, getting anxious. He sits at his desk and takes the straw under his bag and into his mouth, taking a small sip.

Black Hat nods and stands at the other side of the desk, following Flug's lead and grabbing the straw, taking a sip of a similar size.

It takes Black Hat a few minutes to realize how closes their faces are, and to realize thats the reason why Flug is frantically looking around the room and fidgeting in his seat. He himself becomes weary of the situation, but continues to stay put.

He starts to feel that odd familiar sensation in his gut. It feels like butterflies are flying around in there, flapping their wings and brushing them against the walls of his stomach. He glances at Flug and the feeling gets more intense, finding it's way up to his chest. He furrows his brow and looks away, not wanting to be noticed.

They finish the drink and flug pulls away. Black Hat shoots up, clearing his throat. "That was delicious. I have work to attend to now, I'll be on my way. I'll see you in an hour." He turns swiftly and speedwalks out of the room, wanting to get out as soon as possible. He walks down the hall to his office and slams the doors shut.

"What are you doing, Black Hat!" He yells to himself, "You are the most powerful entity this world has ever come across! You have never been defeated before, and now just the gaze of some human has you running! What is wrong with you!" He bangs his head on the door, swearing to himself.

Meanwhile Flug sits in his lab, silently staring at the empty glass.

He just shared a smoothie with his boss.