Nightmares

Flug sat in his lab for a moment, processing everything that had happened. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts and stood, grabbing the empty glass.

Walking to the kitchen he passed 5.0.5, giving him a pat on the tummy and receiving a happy chirp in return.

He washed the glass and put it away, leaning against the counter for a moment to reflect on the past few days.

Black hat... his boss, has fallen for him. Him. Dr. Flug Slys. And he returned those feelings. Why? He didn't know.

He did know that Black Hat had never loved before, and he was confused. He knew that Black Hat had no idea what the feelings were. But he also knew that Black Hat would figure it out. He knew Black Hat was intelligent enough to know what love was, he just didn't know what it felt like.

All Flug had to do was wait.

Glancing at the clock he walked to his room to get ready for bed. Once ready, he roamed to halls towards Black Hat's room.

He knocked a couple times and waited. After a few seconds the door cracked opened, Black Hat standing there to see who it was. Upon seeing Flug he opened the door all the way, letting him in.

They walked to the bed and Black Hat removed his coat and shoes as Flug got into a comfortable laying position. Once finished he layed next to Flug, spooning him as usual.

Flug was about to question him, but chose not to and stretched his body, using it as an excuse to scoot closer to his boss.

Black Hat was already half asleep, not noticing Flug's actions and instinctively nuzzling into his shoulder.

Flug covered his mouth, hiding a squeak of excitement and blushed bright pink. He heard soft snoring behind him and blushed more, shifting even closer to the creature behind him.

Black Hat responded by hugging Flug closer in his sleep, exhaling deeply. Flug turned his head a bit to catch his boss blushing in his sleep.

"Aww, Jefectio!" He whispers to himself, overjoyed at the scene in front of him. He cooed slightly in response and put his head back down, closing his eyes and relaxing.

After a short time passed Flug had fallen into a deep sleep, dreams filling his mind.

Bad dreams.

Nightmares.

"No! No! No! No-aaAAHHH!!!"

Flug woke up screaming, sweating profusely. Black Hat sat above him, gripping his shoulders.

"Flug, what are you screaming about? Are you in pain?" Black Hat asked.

"No, no I'm not hurt. I-I just had a nightmare..." Flug responds, shyly looking to the side.

"A... nightmare?" He pauses for a moment, thinking for a moment. "Nightmares are when humans have bad sleep hallucinations, correct?"

Flug blinks at him, staring for a moment before chuckling to himself. "They're called dreams, sir. And yes, they are when we have bad dreams."

Black Hat slowly let's go of his shoulders and sits next to him. "What was the nightmare about?"

Flug sits up, surprised at Black Hat's concern and interest. "Well..." He pauses, "dreams are a little weird. So this may sound weird..."

He proceeds to tell his boss his nightmare in great detail, telling tales of failed experiments killing everyone in Black Hat Inc. and plane accidents that were his fault.

Black Hat sat there and listened, perplexed that dreams could be so harsh. Why would his mind come up with something like this?

Flug finished his story and looked at Black Hat, seeming slightly upset.

Black Hat wasn't sure of how to comfort him so he just gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Err..." He started, not knowing what to say.

Flug chuckled, amused at his confusion. "I feel better now, can we go back to sleep?"

Black Hat's eyes widened at hearing "we" and was about to get angry, but decided against it. "Yes. You humans need sleep."

Flug and Black Hat lied back down, getting comfortable. Flug rolled over to face his boss and snuggled into his chest, sighing to himself pleasantly.

Black Hat felt warmth fill his chest that prevented him from recoiling, or reacting all together. Grumbling to himself he draped an arm over Flug's waist, mumbling about how humans were weak and useless animals who needed comfort at the silliest things.

Flug smiled, letting himself drift off to the sound of his boss grumbling and complaining.

Black Hat stayed awake for another few hours, watching Flug sleep and mentally hitting himself for finding it cute.

He scooted away to admire Flug's sleeping form and felt fluttering in his stomach when Flug unconsciously reached out to find him in his sleep.

Black Hat stayed still and allowed Flug to feel around the bed for a minute. Eventually Flug found him and curled up against his chest, mumbling to himself in his sleep and clutching his boss tightly.

Growling to himself he held Flug in return, letting the feeling in his gut take charge for the moment.

He stopped to think for a moment. He enjoyed this closeness. He enjoyed holding and hugging onto Flug. Why? Why did he like this? He hated physical contact and now here he was, latched on to this human, wishing they were closer. Wishing he was awake so he could consciously return the hug.

Why was he felling like this? It must be one of those pesky human emotions, ugh. He will deal with it tomorrow.

Letting his eyelids go heavy he too fell asleep, knowing full well he might get caught cuddling onto Flug.

But he didn't care if he got caught.